Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rough cut

New rough cut

Is there somewhere online to stream the new rough cut? I’ve tried searching and come up empty. I don’t believe my local pbs has it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Gaskin View Post
    Is there somewhere online to stream the new rough cut? I’ve tried searching and come up empty. I don’t believe my local pbs has it. Thanks
    They post them for streaming on FWW https://www.finewoodworking.com/rough-cut/episodes

It may be behind the paywall, I am not sure, I didn't log out to check.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

It is behind a paywall at FWW. Without a subscription, all you will get is an episode trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    It is behind a paywall at FWW. Without a subscription, all you will get is an episode trailer.

That being the case the only other option would be to download the PBS app and see if it is there for you. It is not for me because my local channel is not airing it.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

You might try contacting the local PBS affiliate. Mine will finally start airing the series on June 9th but it still doesn't show up on my Charter Cable channel guide.

Sure was better when there was no pay TV and everybody got everything. Look at us now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jeff shanz View Post
    Sure was better when there was no pay TV and everybody got everything. Look at us now. lol
    Did everyone actually "get everything" though?! We didnt really have a way of knowing what we weren't getting.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

You obviously didn't live in places like Craig, CO, Kemmerer, WY or Blanding, UT in the late 50's or early 60's when 1/2 through Gun Smoke the sun was setting, the ionosphere shrinking, you lost the signal as a result. You didn't know for 60 years until one Saturday morning when a cable television network was playing the old westerns, how that episode ended!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Everything we got free then (and more) is still free OTA and for most people the only cost is a ~20 antenna. Most of the network affiliates and PBS broadcast several digital channels so you may have as many as 20 free channels. There is also a ton of free streaming channels including the networks and PBS, but PBS varies by your location.

is a FWW subscription worth it? I mainly do hand tool work (don't have any of the big power tools) but I enjoy the content and watching/learning new techniques.1

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Eaton View Post
    is a FWW subscription worth it? I mainly do hand tool work (don't have any of the big power tools) but I enjoy the content and watching/learning new techniques.1
    That is hard to answer for someone else. However, just use the free membership (I think it is 2 weeks) and if you don't like it cancel. You may be able to suck all the goodness you like out in 14 days. Most people could at least find the time to watch the Rough Cut episodes in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    You obviously didn't live in places like Craig, CO, Kemmerer, WY or Blanding, UT in the late 50's or early 60's when 1/2 through Gun Smoke the sun was setting, the ionosphere shrinking, you lost the signal as a result. You didn't know for 60 years until one Saturday morning when a cable television network was playing the old westerns, how that episode ended!
    I remember as a kid got cbs, nbc (some days if weather was right), and abc was barely visible through the snow. ….ahh remember test patterns and the anthem playing as he channel shut down.... good old bad old days.

I've subscribed to FWW for a number of years and find it very worthwhile. In addition to new content, being able to search through the archives when I have a question (about almost anything woodworking-related) is great.

Also had another question about the new show - the sliding table saw that Tom uses seems to throw a large amount of dust (without the guard over the blade). Is this typical for this type of saw?

Having some problems replying to this thread. I had to log into another thread and then reply to Mr. Huskey's thread because trying to reply at the end of the thread causes a virus (malware) to pop up....anyway...

But yea those things are true regarding TV reception issues. I was a kid in the 70s and no one knew any better at the time because we were all in the same boat. Like today, we don't know what it's going to be like 40 years from now.

I pay $100 a month for satellite per month and I'd have to hook up an additional antenna to get some of the free channels that aren't offered on my paid satellite, like 'Create' on PBS. And there's no guarantee I'll get it if my house is tucked behind some trees somewhere where it can't be picked up. And if I do get it then of course I'll have to hook up a Tivo service if I want to record it.

CET only has 3 episodes so far. Are there more available? The 3rd episode made the cover of the most recent FWW.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!