Thread: Saw Bench

Blog Entries

Saw Bench

I was just out in the shop and saw my old sawbench. For you new woodworkers I have included a link to the article I built mine from.

I you build one, after using it, you will wonder how you ever did without it. I made a small saw horse at the same height of the sawbench.

I will not be without one after making it. If something happened to it, I would immediately make a new one. I bet there are other old dog
    woodworkers out there that have the same sentiment.

https://www.popularwoodworking.com/p...ional_sawbench

Blog Entries
    I bet there are other old dog
    You are right about that. My 3 splayed leg saw benches have been so handy there may be another one in the near future.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Lowell,

Add one more old dog to the list. Mine nestle so they have a small footprint but are otherwise much like the ones in the link.

ken

I also built one with those plans. I also built one out of a Work Magazine article 126 posted on Tools For Working Wood blog.

https://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/store/blog/665/title/WORK%20No.%20126%20-%20Published%20August%2015,%201891

Funny, the one from Popular Woodworking, I have to tighten the screws every year. The one from Work Magazine, I do not. Granted there are only two in that one.

I recently built a split top saw bench and love it so far

Blog Entries
    I also have a small 1x4 horse the same height as the saw bench to rest long boards on when using the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I was just out in the shop and saw my old sawbench. For you new woodworkers I have included a link to the article I built mine from.

I you build one, after using it, you will wonder how you ever did without it. I made a small saw horse at the same height of the sawbench.

I will not be without one after making it. If something happened to it, I would immediately make a new one. I bet there are other old dog

https://www.popularwoodworking.com/p...ional_sawbench
    I can no longer use a saw bench. It is missed greatly and has caused many attempts to adapt some way of working. Nothing has been very successful. I have high saw horses but it is not the same. A saw bench is the first appliance I made for myself years ago, haven't been without for nearly 60 years. For those of you that don't have one, get to building, it will change your outlook on sawing.
    Jim