Thread: Small SCM slider repairs SI 16 SF

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here are some photos of the start button. I didnt realize it came apart, inexperience not enough lighting and ancient eyes. Surprised how well it all comes apart and easily. A question for you electron guys can a little blob on the contact be enough that it doesnt make contact? its shiney figured current would still pass.

Insde the panel, shortened the white, Problem not solved just got rid of the monty python piece of wire

2.JPG

Inside the panel the right button is scoring saw start not working the left is the main motor. Changed at sorting out time to at least get the main motor running

3.JPG

start switch removed, simple twist the part on the front panel after loosing the two slotted screws

4.JPG

Before I realized I could take this apart I cut two slots on the left with a die grinder thinking I could get paper in to clean the contacts. I did with double sided auto body paper but it still didnt work. Later with some light and glasses could see it comes apart

5.JPG

This broke down to about 10 little pieces but the main thing you could get at the contacts to file them. Im not sure if I have a point file maybe just found the finest one I could

8.JPG

Here are two photos of the blobs I was talking about. Removed and filed the four contact surfaces. LIkely my file was too coarse.

12.JPG Capture.JPG

exceded my limit oh well
    Attached Images Attached Images