Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Identify the model of this Delta table saw?

Identify the model of this Delta table saw?

Hi,

I've been looking for a while for a better quality used table saw. Can you identify the model number of this saw? This saw is for sale ($750).

Here's what I know: Delta, 3HP, 220 volt, Unifence.

He's not close to where the saw is and won't be there until Saturday.

This seems like a good deal, thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have an older model of this saw, and $750.00 is a reasonable price. The unifence is sometimes an after market add on for several hundred dollars. Check if it is single phase or three phase, as the voltage does not really say that. Left tilt or right tilt is a deal breaker for some, ask to find out.

Make sure you know if it's single phase or 3PH. Most of us don't have 3PH power and there will be additional cost to make that work. It looks to be in reasonable condition. I'd be curious to know if this is an Asian or American made machine. I'd have more confidence in it if it was American made. Good luck.

PS I see now that Andrew already mentioned 1PH vs 3PH power.

I see a motor cover on the left so I say left tilt.
    Bill D.

The Delta "10" Tilting Arbor" saw that I have is 220V/1PH and is right tilt

You could buy a Unisaw for that price.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Bill D.
    Actually the motor protrusion is a matter of trunnion design. The first pic shows it as a right tilt machine. This is of no consequence to many; I'd pass but, I have too many years on a left tilt that colors my view.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Bill D.

The zero point on the gauge is on the righ side so when tilting the handle/poiner moves to teh left. Doesn't that require a right tilt saw?

Also I though the older right-tilt Unisaws were not marked as to the tilt and the name plate contained "Left-Tilt" if it was left tilt since that is what was new to the market during that time period.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Andy,

I'm not convinced that this is a Unisaw, if it is the placards on the front of the saw will say Unisaw. Delta made models of this nature which are just contractor saws dressed in a unisaw style cabinet. If its not a Unisaw, its not worth anything close to the asking price. Even genuine Unisaws can be had for short money. There will most likely a model number which can be used to differentiate between Unisaws and contractor saws. The internal components of a genuine unisaw are much more robust than a contractor saw. The internal components of a Unisaw are bolted to the top of the cabinet, the components of a contractor saw are bolted to the top of the saw. This difference will become very important when you try and align the saw blade to the miter slot.
    Brad

Very interesting, right tilt but with the motor on left. Otherwise it looks pretty much like my 1980's Unisaw 34-802. I did a quick look on Google images and there are some very recent models with that configuration ... but nothing with that cabinet. As Brad says, perhaps a contractor saw made to look like a Unisaw? Unisaws are a good machine, but that price is at the top end of the scale. Prices on these things seem to be very regionally dependent and you post doesn't indicate where you are.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Thanks to all for your feedback. I'll just wait until Saturday when he goes to the shop to get the model number. I'm in Atlanta and can't seem to ever find used Unisaw's for sale here (Or other better quality saws)

It is clearly labeled it is a "tilting arbor saw' it is not a unisaw or a contractors saw. I believe it pre-dates the hybrid saw.

Bill D
    read third post down in this thread link.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ta-Cabinet-saw
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 05-29-2018 at 3:46 PM.

As others have said, this is a saw that had lighter internals and sold at a cheaper price than the unisaw. Price is high unless you really like the fence. I'm a fan of the Unifence but not of the saw at that price. Too many choices in the Unisaw PM 66 used market. Dave

Andy,

There are three Unisaws available on Craigslist in the Atlanta area, check out the one in Winder.

Brad

Thanks Brad!!! Stupid me, I having just been searching "table saw" I will utilize varied searching now. Thanks, Andy