Thread: cordless finish nailer

cordless finish nailer

any experiences (good or bad) and recommendations for cordless finish nailer - mostly 8d & 6d
    many thanks, jerry
    jerry

I have no experience with cordless versions, but just as an aside, you'll be looking at 16 gage straight and 15 gage angled finish nailers in the pneumatic/cordless world, not the old x penny nail designations.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have the paslode and dewalt versions. I like the dewalt much better. It’s a bit heavier. But you don’t need gas or anything but a fresh battery and nails.

My only cordless nailer is a Ryobi 18 gauge. I have lots of 18V Ryobi tools. It drives 2 inch and shorter brads. I just ordered my second box of 5000 nails and there was a box of 2500 in between. So >7500 brads so far. It has been used mostly to install molding, casing, base and crown, in my current house. The original molding was inconsistent in profile and narrow. So I've removed it and replaced it.

I also have 15 and 16 gauge finish nailers but almost all the nailing has been done with the Ryobi. The holding power is adequate for most applications and not having to drag the compressor around is really nice. The Ryobi is a little picky about being lined up properly but other than that, nothing to complain about. All nailers will refuse to fire sometimes and it is often a good thing - if annoying.

Since you were asking about 8d and 6d I wasn't going to chime in but I just got the 18 gauge Ryobi too and I really like it. I watched a couple of videos and heard that the 18 gauge crown stapler wasn't great but I'm really happy with the AirStrike 18 gauge brad nailer. This video helped me decide which to buy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aqq_PhZX0M
    I find myself using it a lot more than I thought I would.

thanks all - 8d & 6d just old-school references.
    jerry