Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lasersoft software

Bill how are you doing on the Project?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Hi. BILL
    I have been working with 1 touch and it's starting to work for me, I wasn't able to work on anything had some thing to take care of, When you use 1 touch do you run it through and just down load it from your computer to your laser.
    Thanks BILL

Quote Originally Posted by BILL PENNINGTON View Post
    Hi. BILL
    I have been working with 1 touch and it's starting to work for me, I wasn't able to work on anything had some thing to take care of, When you use 1 touch do you run it through and just down load it from your computer to your laser.
    Thanks BILL
    Just leave it in the 1 Touch program until you get it adjusted to the way you like it. Practice on a few until you get the hang of how the program works. Then Save as BMP and Import into your laser program. Frankly I like Photograv better, I do not know what they are charging for 1 Touch? Yes I always test my engraving file on scrap before I spend money on the real stuff. If your engraving on clear plastic you will need to Invert the image and I do not see how that is done in 1 Touch??

Not Impressed, Photograv or learning to use what you already have has got to be better. http://www.photograv.com/aspnet2/Default.aspx
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-31-2018 at 7:04 PM.

Today i will work on some photo on wood and plastic then i will post them, As for the price of 1 touch i thank it was $250. when i got it and i don't invert until i go to lasersoft.
    Most of the illusion light i do are in vector so i just run them through lasersoft and it works fine. But photo of people and animals this is a little more work, But we will see
    today,
    Thanks BILL

I'm surprised that any photo program wouldn't have an invert/negative setting--? But if so, just copy and paste the image into Corel (or photoshop or paint or), invert it, then copy/paste it back in to 1 touch...

Now I don't do all that much photo engraving, but I have figured out that for ME to get decent results using negative images, I MUST adjust brightness/contrast levels WHILE the image is negative. If adjusting in normal THEN inverting, the inverted image always ends up too dark. Adjusting the negative for proper contrast is just easier- for me
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Well the price is right, and it did work but the inverting to negative is what turned me off. But Bill said it works in Lasersoft so now its just a matter of practicing and getting it right. So my Chinese LaserCad program works the same way, the preview image looks not very good even with a dither dot size of .01 mm and then inverted. So you would really need to do a trial run to see the results.
    Last edited by Bill George; 06-01-2018 at 5:46 PM.

I did 2 wood ones and a plastic one the wood is cheap so not vary good 10 cents at yard sale, The first one is 1 touch and the other one is photoshop cs6, Illusion light is right through lasersoft, If you can tell me any thing to improve on the wood ones that would be great.
    Thanks BILL20180602_060956.jpg20180602_060950.jpg20180428_131920.jpg

At least your making progress. You can experment with more power, less power or putting the lens a little out of focus one way or the other and see if you like the results.

best advice on the wood is get better wood Alder and cherry engrave nicely, bamboo is good but can vary-- don't bother wasting money on oak..
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Everything is starting to work ok again, Just needed time to play with the programs and the laser, Thanks for all your help.
    BILL

Hi Bill
    I take to the people at lightburn and as of right now the system will not work with PH laser controller system, He told me that there working on that system we will see.
    Talk to you later BILL

Hi All
    I'm Back, I hope everyone is doing OK, Everything on the laser is working fine, But i was looking at some things and cleaning the bottom of the laser and found that my table is 4.5 mm out at the top left corner as in down, I work from the middle of the table most of the time, But if i was to do a big piece do you think that would affect anything, As in color change of the burn, my self I think that would make the focal point change witch would cause some problems, Before i tear in to it i would like your throughs,
    Thanks for any help again.
    Thanks again BILL

IMO yes it will make a difference, thats a little over an 8th inch. you'll be out of focus. I'm sure it won't be a big problem but its not hard to level .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Table not level

That's what i through, I like everything to be right so i will make all of the adjustment today, Thanks and have a good day.
    BILL