Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lasersoft software

Lasersoft software

Don't no if this is the place to post this but maybe someone can help,
    I have 1-Touch Laser Photo and it's not working very well with lasersoft
    software, Can i use ULS software, I have a TR-9060 Triumph laser and the support
    at Triumph will not tell me anything, All they say is o there software is the best
    I'm 73 years old and the laser is just for fun so i like to keep it simple so
    if anyone can help please do.
    Thanks BILL

Bill I can't really help you here as I use Lasercut and it works so so with that but it is a Holiday weekend and people might be busy till Tuesday. Check back tomorrow and Tuesday and see what others say.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bill, you just need to prepare your photo in decent software, Corel Draw is really used a lot and take into your Lasersoft as a BMP or JPG file and engrave it. I hate to promote it but Photograv 3.0 will make it much simpler for you than trying to learn Corel Draw. Someone on here might even want to legally sell their copy and transfer ownership to you.

The 1-Touch Laser program should do more or less the same thing, IF it Exports a BMP file and your Lasersoft should be able to Import that file and engrave? I Downloaded the trial and it works fine, not as good as Photograv but I do not know the cost. You did SAVE as a BMP and Import into your Lasersoft?? You can Not use the Print Function in ULS software unless you have a ULS laser.

Link to Photograv http://www.photograv.com/aspnet2/
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-28-2018 at 9:55 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Hi Bill
    I would suggest you try Lightburn - https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/...before-you-buy - it's available as a free trial for a month and only costs $80 after that -it's the best $80 I've spent on my lasers!!
    Bill Carruthers, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
    Shenhui G350- 60W; + Hengchunyuan 1300x900 100W EFR , CNC router 40x60, Lightburn fan, RDCam , Coreldraw 12, Photograv 3, Scroll saw, and not enough time to play with all of them!

Software

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carruthers View Post
    Hi Bill
    I would suggest you try Lightburn - https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/...before-you-buy - it's available as a free trial for a month and only costs $80 after that -it's the best $80 I've spent on my lasers!!
    Hi. BILL
    I downloaded lightburn software and in the drop down box for type of laser my laser is not listed, I have a triumph laser with lasesoft what to do,
    You have used the software, Maybe you can help and thanks to all how are helping me.
    Thanks again BILL

Hi Bill,

I'm probably the only other person on the Creek using LaserSoft--

Triumph is great to work with, but the software is from a company they don't seem to work hand in hand with very well--

That said- Are you trying to export your photo directly into Lasersoft using the Corel or other plugin? There are several versions of Lasersoft, I've tried many, I've only found one version that would take a direct-export image file. All the others, including the 7.01 version I've been using for 3-1/2 years (I keep coming back to this one), all you get is a blank page--

What works: Save the image from your photo program or wherever you're working with it, then just use Lasersoft's IMPORT command to import the file.

Couple of other things: For my needs, I get the best results by sending the laser a 2 color bitmap... I start by changing the image to grayscale if not already, adjust for high contrast, as in white white's, light midtones and dark blacks-- once satisifed, I save it (always nice to have an original backup), THEN make one more adjustment, I add a bit more brightness or a little less contrast to tone down the blacks more towards gray. Now I place the final image into Corel, and change it into a 200dpi bitmap, save THAT and import it into Lasersoft...

This works best for me-- however, Lasersoft has its own bitmap creator, that actually works pretty good, I've just never had the time to play with it. If you're unfamiliar with it, there's an icon that looks like a checkerboard, that's the 'image dither' routine, the image must be selected for the icon to work. The neat thing is you choose the dot size you want to use. It DOES work well, but I've never had time to figure out the best dot size for my needs, Corel's 200dpi works well for me, just import it and run it.

--note that I use the 200dpi for fairly large images, like 6" and above, the 300dpi would likely work better for smaller images. The problem with Corel is the 100-200-300dpi settings, kinda limited. The Lasersoft dot size can be adjusted by the 1/100mm, so with some practice it may work very well--

Again, you likely can't export an image file from a plugin, just import it from where you saved it...

Hope this helps!

>> edit <<

some pics:

I found this rose, it measures about 4" both ways,
    all the tweaking is done- I made a copy, which I'm
    turning into a 200dpi bitmap in Corel--
    ar1.jpg

--the results--
    ar2.jpg
    NOTE I saved each image as an individual file,
    the left "rose.jpg", the right "rose.bmp"...

This is Lasersoft, I've imported each one separately
    and placed them close together--
    ar3.jpg

This is a just a closeup-
    ar4.jpg

Here I've selected the halftone on the left,
    note the orange highlighted 'image dither' icon on the bottom,
    I've chosen a .16mm dot size--
    ar5.jpg

-and a closeup of the results--
    ar6.jpg
    This dot pattern actually does work well, but while the Corel bmp looks all choppy, IT works well too
    --

Last edited by Kev Williams; 05-28-2018 at 1:54 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Software

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Hi Bill,

I'm probably the only other person on the Creek using LaserSoft--

Triumph is great to work with, but the software is from a company they don't seem to work hand in hand with very well--

That said- Are you trying to export your photo directly into Lasersoft using the Corel or other plugin? There are several versions of Lasersoft, I've tried many, I've only found one version that would take a direct-export image file. All the others, including the 7.01 version I've been using for 3-1/2 years (I keep coming back to this one), all you get is a blank page--

What works: Save the image from your photo program or wherever you're working with it, then just use Lasersoft's IMPORT command to import the file.

Couple of other things: For my needs, I get the best results by sending the laser a 2 color bitmap... I start by changing the image to grayscale if not already, adjust for high contrast, as in white white's, light midtones and dark blacks-- once satisifed, I save it (always nice to have an original backup), THEN make one more adjustment, I add a bit more brightness or a little less contrast to tone down the blacks more towards gray. Now I place the final image into Corel, and change it into a 200dpi bitmap, save THAT and import it into Lasersoft...

This works best for me-- however, Lasersoft has its own bitmap creator, that actually works pretty good, I've just never had the time to play with it. If you're unfamiliar with it, there's an icon that looks like a checkerboard, that's the 'image dither' routine, the image must be selected for the icon to work. The neat thing is you choose the dot size you want to use. It DOES work well, but I've never had time to figure out the best dot size for my needs, Corel's 200dpi works well for me, just import it and run it.

--note that I use the 200dpi for fairly large images, like 6" and above, the 300dpi would likely work better for smaller images. The problem with Corel is the 100-200-300dpi settings, kinda limited. The Lasersoft dot size can be adjusted by the 1/100mm, so with some practice it may work very well--

Again, you likely can't export an image file from a plugin, just import it from where you saved it...

Hope this helps!

>> edit <<

some pics:

I found this rose, it measures about 4" both ways,
    all the tweaking is done- I made a copy, which I'm
    turning into a 200dpi bitmap in Corel--
    ar1.jpg

--the results--
    ar2.jpg
    NOTE I saved each image as an individual file,
    the left "rose.jpg", the right "rose.bmp"...

This is Lasersoft, I've imported each one separately
    and placed them close together--
    ar3.jpg

This is a just a closeup-
    ar4.jpg

Here I've selected the halftone on the left,
    note the orange highlighted 'image dither' icon on the bottom,
    I've chosen a .16mm dot size--
    ar5.jpg

-and a closeup of the results--
    ar6.jpg
    This dot pattern actually does work well, but while the Corel bmp looks all choppy, IT works well too
    --

Hi Kav
    In lasersoft i have v7.02 and 7.21 For programs i have photoshop CS6 photoshop elements adobe illustrator coreldraw inkscape 1 touch and gimp you wood think i could work with one of those, But i'm just learning so i will try doing what you did and see what happens thanks for all your help BILL

I like version 7.02, I like the interface better than 7.01, like the laser position display which isn't in 7.01, among other things. BUT, I have my 1390's backlash settings in 7.01 so finely tuned that this machine, as big as it is, engraves every bit as nicely as my 2 Synrad lasers. But entering the same settings in 7.02, or 7.11, 7.16 or 7.21 gives me totally different results... anyway...

--sounds like you're NOT using Corel? For text and simple graphics it's almost necessary! Text entry in Lasersoft is ridiculous, as you have to enter text into a text box then use the program to position it-- bleah... I think most Chinese programs work this way too, EZcad for the fiber does. >> oops, I see you DO use Coreldraw <<

However, you DO have AI so that should help as Lasersoft has an AI plugin. Aside from that I know zilch about AI...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by BILL PENNINGTON View Post
    Hi. BILL
    I downloaded lightburn software and in the drop down box for type of laser my laser is not listed, I have a triumph laser with lasesoft what to do,
    You have used the software, Maybe you can help and thanks to all how are helping me.
    Thanks again BILL
    Lightburn works with the controller of the laser not the name of the manufacturer - The most common controller type coming out of China now is the Ruida brand - often the 6442 model. I had a quick look at the Triumph site and couldn't see where they mention the type of controller used - Maybe you can ask them and then see whether Lightburn supports whatever controller type it is??
    Cheers
    BillC
    Bill Carruthers, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
    Shenhui G350- 60W; + Hengchunyuan 1300x900 100W EFR , CNC router 40x60, Lightburn fan, RDCam , Coreldraw 12, Photograv 3, Scroll saw, and not enough time to play with all of them!

Since it is a free download, it is worth trying to see if it properly connects to your machine when you pick Ruida for the controller.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

What I am trying to understand is where he having problems? Is the picture converting ok in the picture prep program he is using and the preview looks good or not? Or is he having issues getting Lasersoft to engrave? If its the prep for the engraving that's one thing, If he can not Import and get it to Engrave its another. I downloaded the ULS software and it works fine, Saved as a BMP and Imported into my Chinese machine software and it engraved fine. So Which is it?

Hi. BILL
    I'm new at this so please bear with me, When i use 1 touch everything looks good, But when i import it to lasersoft that's when thing go bad, The picture in laser lasersoft is all choppy and distorted, Working eith photoshop i'm starting to get it to work, I forgot to tell you that i'm working with acrylic for illusion light don't like to wast acrylic.
    I would like to get the 1- touch to work just to make it simple.
    Thanks BILL

Quote Originally Posted by BILL PENNINGTON View Post
    Hi. BILL
    I'm new at this so please bear with me, When i use 1 touch everything looks good, But when i import it to lasersoft that's when thing go bad, The picture in laser lasersoft is all choppy and distorted, Working eith photoshop i'm starting to get it to work, I forgot to tell you that i'm working with acrylic for illusion light don't like to wast acrylic.
    I would like to get the 1- touch to work just to make it simple.
    Thanks BILL
    Tell me how step by step your Exporting and Importing? I have used several Chinese controller programs and that has never been an issue, Yet. I used 1-Touch the demo download without any issues.
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-30-2018 at 7:21 AM.

This may sound like a dumb question, but I haven't seen anywhere in your post that states you've engraved anything yet-- have you? If not, don't be put off by what you see on the screen-- if you HAVE and the results are less than stellar, can you upload some pics?
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

I will up load some picture tomorrow, I'm running out of time today and to answer your question - Yes i have engraved a couple of photo, But with a different program,
    This is where thing get funny, I used window 7 I had to go to window 10 do to a small fire, Charging a lipo battery, I can cut anything from dime size parts to large
    RC model plane parts, Just can't engrave any more, I did get some what of a picture using photoshop CS6 Maybe i will keep working with that till i get it right That is with a
    little help from you guys
    Thanks for the help BILL