Thread: T-handle auger. Is anyone still making the hardware?

T-handle auger. Is anyone still making the hardware?

I'm looking for something like the Irwin no 2 t-handle auger as a user. Just looking for the handle, and more specifically just the hardware since I can turn the wood handles myself. I'm wondering if there is anyone still making these. I haven't seen anything on my usual tool searches (Tools for working wood, Lee Nielson, Lee Valley). I've seen them on E-Bay and that is likely where I will end up, but I'd rather help out anyone who is currently making these if possible.

Irwin-no-2-t-handle-auger.jpg

Blog Entries
    It looks like you could make the metal bits from a piece of 1-1/4 or 1-1/2" steel pipe using a hack saw, a drill press and a bit of time with a file to clean it up. The bolts appear to be ordinary carriage bolts with wing nut.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Ray Ilses might. Check the seller flashpub on the auction site.

Thanks Lee and Tom, appreciated. I'll not be making it myself for a few reasons, but will look for flashpub.