Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop emergency preperation, not sesimic safety related

Blog Entries
    My original title I mentioned this was not seismic related because I have told folks here they need to tie thing down since all of north America is a seismic zone.. Some folks have responded that they have never had a quake in their region and I am being stupid.
    Back to furniture delivery. We used to secure cabinets to the wall when we delivered them to keep them from falling due to a bit of shaking.

One of my work places had metal racks in a hallway that were not secured. Some idiot felt that using zip ties to hold them all together would keep them from tipping during an earthquake. It is just one of the things that makes me glad to be retired, though I do miss the naps.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Big thing about 10 years ago in California was tieing vending machines and refrigerators to the wall so would not fall. This was quake safety but evidently people get mad at vending machines and manage to tip them over on themselves trying to get their items that did not fall. This is often fatal even if other people are there to get it off them.

Blog Entries
    I guess I'm lagging behind. What is the subject?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    I guess I'm lagging behind. What is the subject?
    Nothing in particular.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Nothing in particular.

jtk
    Jim, it was an honest question.

OP Here; The question is do you have a safety plan for your shop in case of Zombies attacking?
    Then I mentioned that the school I teach at has never held a zombie attack response drill and I doubt if there is a citywide plan in my community.
    Bil lD

Well, the first thing you gotta do is figure out what type of zombies presents the most risk in your area.

Is it alien mind control zombies? If so, then lay in a stock of records/tapes/CDs/tracks of Slim Pickens' music.

Perhaps you're too close to a super-secret biowarfare lab, and you're going to be faced with a zounds of infected zombies? Rig up a needle gun from you compressor and be ready to shoot the antidote smack dab into them suckas.

Or maybe you're facing an old school zombie invasion. Yes, we're talking undead animated by the forces of evil from the depths of hell itself. If so, then you're best bet is to have a shrine to Saint Roy in one corner, and a FeStop CNC machine in the other. The poor zombies will be caught between the two disparate forms of holy energy and either explode, or be forced to retreat to the furniture mall. Keep a couple of sharp throwing chisels handy in case you get a glimpse of the vile necromancer responsible for the zombies. Ranged mortising helps to prevent subsequent outbreaks.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

The question is do you have a safety plan for your shop in case of Zombies attacking?
    Yes -matter of fact...I plan to dial 1911...
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    Jim, it was an honest question.
    Sorry Bill, the subject, preparing for the "Zombie Apocalypse," is not one that seems of a serious nature to me.

To me the next flood seems more of real a threat in today's world.

People seem to be ignoring bigger threats than zombies, so why not also ignore them?

jtk