Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop emergency preperation, not sesimic safety related

Shop emergency preperation, not sesimic safety related

I heard this on the radio and realized I do not have a plan for the shop or the house in the event of a zombie attack, do you? My school district has never held a zombie attack drill and I seriously doubt if the EMS services have a prerecorded zombie alert ready to broadcast.
    At my school we practice the sounds and procedures for fire drills, and shelter in place drills. I would not know what the special zombie attack bell would sound like. It may be the same as the shelter in place?
    Bill D.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...ake/ar-AAxEyp2
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 05-26-2018 at 10:41 PM.

There are many online resources for how to survive a zombie attack. In general mobility is the key. Don’t try to defend your house or shop. The zombies aren’t likely to steal or damage anything. My city doesn’t have a zombie warning system. Yours probably doesn’t either.

I never heard the governor candidates asked about state zombie preparedness and how the state could cut those costs or maybe we need to increase those funds. I wonder if Russian hackers are behind this increase in attacks? I have heard of zombie computers.

Getting back on your meds is sure to stop them.

The zombie reference has been used (humorously) in training materials for disaster managers to prepare for pandemic flu outbreaks, so there are likely materials floating around that can get used for pranking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    The zombie reference has been used (humorously) in training materials for disaster managers to prepare for pandemic flu outbreaks, so there are likely materials floating around that can get used for pranking.
    It gets strange when someone uses emergency warning 'boiler plate' for the actual emergency without reading it.

Another funny off shoot of this is the electric warning signs along the road are mostly made by one company. Most of the agencies that use them never change the password from the maker. That means most of them have the same password to input what the sign says.

What ever could go wrong?

Search > zombie attack road warning <

ZOMBIES AHEAD!!!.jpg

Things may have changed since this was first in the news, but then again…

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    don't panic. It's OK. Your area is just as prepared for zombie attack as your employer is prepared for disaster recovery.

(anyone who has worked on a DR / BR plan gets this, right?)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    I follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. https://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthma...ie-apocalypse/
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I can steer you towards professional assistance. My architect son won a prestigious award for the design of a zombie-proof dwelling with protections against a variety of attacks during the zombie apocalypse:

https://torchbearer.utk.edu/2012/10/...a-dream-house/

Matt was quoted in the article: “We started by looking at medieval structures. They all had moats, escape paths, vantage points,” says Jordan. “Then we updated it to a clean, modern aesthetic.”

I don't know how much it would cost but he would probably be happy to sell the drawings or even adapt it to your site in case yours differs from the design target site high on a bluff over a river.

For your shop to be kind I would recommend upgrading the good dust collector. Once you are out of the way even the new zombie resident might need to breathe clean air.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I heard this on the radio and realized I do not have a plan for the shop or the house in the event of a zombie attack...

Are those piranha in the moat?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Are those piranha in the moat?

Great white sharks.....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    I can steer you towards professional assistance. My architect son won a prestigious award for the design of a zombie-proof dwelling with protections against a variety of attacks during the zombie apocalypse:
    My brothers and myself moved furniture for my folks' store. We often came to the conclusion house designs would be a lot different if architects had to do a two year stint of delivering furniture and appliances.

We could usually came up with clever ways of getting furniture into a house. My guess is if some of those homes ever sold, the furniture may have been left behind.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Getting back on your meds is sure to stop them.
    It works for me! 😎

I think this should be explored!

How could your shop be complete without making sure that it's safe from zombies? Or what woodworking tools are most effective against zombies?

For long range planning, if you hire zombies to work in your shop, what tools can they use effectively? Will they be protected by your SawStop? Otherwise you might be visited by zombie lawyers. Those I have met. The result wasn't pretty, there was a loss of flesh and brain.

-Tom

When I googled to find the details about this I did find lots of information about "Zombie Raccoons" which is a real thing. Raccoons with "distemper" and people reporting them to police as zombies. LOL

My original title I mentioned this was not seismic related because I have told folks here they need to tie thing down since all of north America is a seismic zone.. Some folks have responded that they have never had a quake in their region and I am being stupid. Kind of like fire safety since their shop has never burned it must be safe. I thought they might ignore this important warning thinking they did not live in a zombie infested area.
    I must admit that I was surprised that zombies are a real threat and government money is being spent to provide ready to go warning messages. I wonder if there is a zombie gap in our nations preparedness and their needs to be a congressional investigation. Maybe Senator McCarthy could be reanimated and he could run the house undead american activities investigation. He already looked like a zombie when he was still alive.
    Bill D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crkT9FBGQw8
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 05-28-2018 at 1:23 AM.