Thread: 20ATB General Purpose Good Buy?

20ATB General Purpose Good Buy?

Currently using a great Everlast combo blade. Got it sharpened and wow it’s amazing.

I now have a Sawstop and want to have a backup in case of a brake fire.

I have a full kerf 24t Freud glue lime rip for 3/4-2 1/4 wood. It’s ok. I noticed the left side of each tooth is chipped a little and I’ve used it once. I’m calling Freud on it.

Also have a diablo Home Depot thin kerf combo that’s for plywood and garbage like that.

I wanna get a skarpaz sf1040a. It’s a 40 tooth 20 degree atb that’s similar to a WWII by Forrest.

I’m cutting maple and walnut and some hard apitong.

The skarpaz is only $60 new and they are industrial blades.

Ebay seller "bmfwholesale" has new old stock Everlast 10" 60t ATB blades selling for $29.95 shipped. I've purchased several from them and they've been great.

I'd stick with separate blades for cross cutting and ripping. Combination blades can do both operations but neither particularly well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    Ebay seller "bmfwholesale" has new old stock Everlast 10" 60t ATB blades selling for $29.95 shipped. I've purchased several from them and they've been great.

I'd stick with separate blades for cross cutting and ripping. Combination blades can do both operations but neither particularly well imo.
    Saw that blade but it’s a TCG grind and not ATB. I really like everlast blades.