Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A start, while waiting

Not much got done IN the shop, today...was out and about, checking out the yard sales....hit&miss.

Picked a stanley brace....the place had 8 braces sitting in a tub inside the building.....outside, sitting out in the weather for who knows how long, was Satnley No. 945 8" brace. Same place had a Defiance BY Stanley No. 1251, 1-1/2" wide socket chisel...without handle, of course...just a "plugged Mushroom"....$4 for the brace, $2 for the chisel. Add in three "water pump pliers" for a dollar each...$9 total for the day.

Just got back home, so pictures will just have to wait....maybe after Supper, I can do a little woodworking? (was too nice of a day to sit around the house..)

Still too nice of a day....but I might do a bit in the shop, until it cools off enough to do yard work.....will see how THAT goes...18yr old Grandson has moved in to our place...starts a job at the local Honda Transmission plant in Die Casting. Maybe I can get him to mow the yard?

Got the yard mowed, laid in a supply of cold Lagers to cool off with.

Cleaned the top up, set it on it's top on the bench..
    IMG_4591 (640x480).jpg
    And everything got a coat of Golden Oak stain....can is finally empty.
    IMG_4592 (640x480).jpg
    Even the corner blocks. Found two screws had poked through the aprons..will back them out and replace with shorter ones...Ooops.

Letting the stain dry, and the Lagers work on cooling me down.....may roast some hotdogs later..
    IMG_4594 (640x480).jpg
    Hauled this upstairs and out to the Firepit....waiting til after sundown to burn it.

Couldn't quite get the entire trash can load into the firepit, last night...saved some for the next burn...This

being a Monday, and all...shop was closed today.....may go and check the Poly Gloss, and see IF I need a new can....or not.

Grandson #3 may need a table to set some of his "stuff" on...may just give the table to him, when done...

Had a chisel to sharpen...meh...maybe tomorrow. Toss up between that and applying varnish...we'll see...

Just a simple, little table...most could even make one of these in a weekend..

had to go to the basement, to check on the dryer, and see how much Varnish was available....Quart can was only missing 1/2of a pint....had to run a few clothes back through the dryer....soooo

First coat is now drying.....PIP in the morning....
    Last edited by steven c newman; 06-04-2018 at 9:50 PM.

Pictures, or it didn't happen, right?
    right side.jpgIMG_4598 (640x480).jpgleft side.jpg
    What is the term for when the grain changes, depending on which direction you view it?

Top is 3/4" x 18" x 24"....legs are 25" tall. Just a Pine table, nuttin fancy...

Chatoyence is the word. Im not sure of the spelling. Thats a beautiful table.

Table is done. Need to lay in a supply of lumber, as the shop is now out. Then decide on the next Project to do....

Thanks to all that looked in. Just a simple pine table.