Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stickley Bed

Beautiful project! Your finish turned out really nice!

I am building my own version of the same bed right now. Interested in what you decided to use to support the mattress. My plan is to use slats of 3/4 poplar with a center support rail.

A reputation for craftsmanship is a responsibility
    to never take lightly.

Ya .. Very nice! I just finished up Arts and crafts mantle and will be starting a Stickley 3 door buffet scaled down to be a display/bookcase. I love Stickley and Arts and Crafts! Ever since we lived in our 1928 Bungalow In Long Beach CA many years ago I have loved the aesthetic of the arts and crafts movement. Your bed is a great example. Great proportions. Great execution, as others have stated. Thanks for sharing and kudos on overcoming some of the challenges of building a nice large bed like that and making it look so good.

Looks great! Thanks for the finish details. I plan a much simpler bed for a guest room but will be using oak - had it around for too long and need room in the shop for other wood. I wanted a dark finish and your's looks great.

Blog Entries
    That looks great. Nice color. Interesting panels.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Love the bed. Jealous of the machines in the background of a couple of photos, and all the space you have. Well done.

John

Lovely, I have one similar to this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Heil View Post
    Beautiful project! Your finish turned out really nice!

I am building my own version of the same bed right now. Interested in what you decided to use to support the mattress. My plan is to use slats of 3/4 poplar with a center support rail.
    Jeff,

I have one of those adjustable bases under the mattress on that bed. The other bed uses one of the steel frames from amazon.

shopping.jpeg
    Marty