Thread: Still straightening from Hurricane Harvey

Blog Entries

Still straightening from Hurricane Harvey

I have a black part Lab dog who is sweet, but confused. I swear he wakes up in a new world every day.
    Since Hurricane Harvey came through and decimated my shop, I spend a lot of time discovering things
    I forgot that I had. I think I'm like Black Bart, my dog, a new world every day.

Today, I found a forgotten stash of Lee Valley abrasive mylar film. Three roughness surfaces, 0.5, 5, and 15 micron.

You can sharpen a chisel and then hone to three grades of roughness, talk about mirror finish.

I will take my leather chisel roll of LN chisels and make the bevels mirror smooth.
    The leather chisel roll came from you guessed it, Lee Valley.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 05-23-2018 at 3:56 PM.

It's like Christmas... Makes going into the shop fun.

Kinda like when I rummage through my wood stash and look at the beautiful stuff I forgot I had...

Blog Entries
    Well, I came across my Two Cherries triangular carbide burnisher today. It brought back memories of sharpening
    my card scrapers, turning a hook, and then cleaning up a wooden surface. I'm kind of like my old dog, re-learning
    old tricks. I'm still re-organizing from Harvey, coming across tools I had forgotten, and then remembering how to
    use them.