Thread: Corgi Carving

Corgi Carving

DSC03309 red.jpegDSC03311 red.jpegDSC03313 red.jpegDSC03316 red.jpegDSC03320 red.jpegDSC03326 red.jpgDSC03333 red.jpegDSC03335 red.jpeg

This is the latest completed carving. This guy is a Corgi. He is 7"L x 2.5"W x 4.5"T. I decided to use the photos provided to incorporate the base. The photos I had were of the dog standing in a yard. Hence, the base is an effort at a grassy field.

Hope you folks like him.

Sharp looking animal....Is it a gift from a grandson to an English lady who must always have at least several of them?
    You can trust us with a secret!!

I gotta' tell ya' I can count the people I know that love Corgi's that only have one Corgi on two fingers of one hand. Thats it! Corgi's always seem to travel in a little herd.

Nice job.

we have had two Corgis and my wife's sister and mother have had several. My mother-in-law brought her original ones over from England when she moved to the states and they raised Corgis for years. Yours is a Cardigan and all of ours were Pembrokes. If we ever get another dog it will be another Corgi.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

The owner that had me carve this one only has one Corgi. But whenever I have seen them together in a bunch, they always seem like a small herd to me instead of a pack. You look down at them and they are all heads and ears and noses looking back up at you or they are all tails and butts and hindquarters and they seem to turn and move in unison like a herd instead of a pack. i think it is one of the more endearing things about the breed. But of course I could just be reading something that is actually happenstance as something that looks to me like its inherent to them.