Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air lift suspension for a pickup

Roger

Thank you. That was a pretty cool video.
    I've never heard of this device.
    This is one of the reasons I like this forum so much. For just about any topic raised, there is a wealth of information presented, and solutions that someone may have never heard of to consider.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Roger, air bags in springs can never compensate for weight balance. WDH is the only way to do that, so it's good you have that feature on the hitch product you describe...that's a LOT of tongue weight!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Right. And that's after moving everything heavy that can move to the back of the trailer! I wish they'd moved the wheels 6" forward when they built it, but it was a first time effort for both me and the builders.

I'd strongly recommend going to a commercial scale and getting your actual front and rear axle weights as well as the trailer weight and tongue weights to make sure that everything is within specs. My rig isn't over any of the limits, but I need to watch the donut consumption before leaving on a trip! Oh-- and it's not just the axle weights, you need to be sure that your tires and wheels are both up to snuff. An 8000 lb axle won't help you if you're running on tires rated for half that.