Thread: Blade for Makita Plunge Cut Track Saw

Blade for Makita Plunge Cut Track Saw

I purchased the cordless version this recently and was wondering what replacement blades users are buying. I see Makita offers three different blades at Amazon but wondering if others are available.

(Years ago I had the corded version of this saw but later sold it. I didn't look at the cordless version yet but the corded one has a step on the arbor that fits a 5/8" standard 6-1/2" Freud blade. I bought some machined shim washers from McMaster and was able to get the Freud blade to run nicely. As I recall, I think the issue was that this changed to position of the cutting line.)

Thanks,

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Goetzke; 05-22-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Freud, Oshlun, Festool and some others make blades that fit the Makita.
    It takes a 165MM with a 20mm arbor.

Amazon runs Oshlun on sale pretty often.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Tenryu would be my suggestion, other than the stock makita. The tenryu 28t gp blade is my go to for this saw.

I have a Oshlun that works fine, a couple DeWalts (my saw is a DeWalt but uses the same size blades), and a Freud. I haven't used the Freud yet but I'm sure it will work well. It is 160mm so it reduces the depth of cut a little but 2.5mm isn't a lot. If you liked the stock blade, I would probably get that or a Freud. But DeWalt blades would work on your saw and are also pretty good.