Thread: Bosch Colt 1.25hp palm router

Bosch Colt 1.25hp palm router

Hi,
    I have been waiting for the new improved model of the Bosch Colt for a while now. Like 2 years since it was announced. I see it is finally released, model #GKF125CEN. Does anyone have any user feedback?

I have the original version and would be interested in any comments on the new depth adjustment system. Also, they haven't released a kit version with a plunge base and maybe an edge guide, but there are rumors that one might be on the way. If anyone knows anything about the kit ETA, I'd appreciate it!

Edwin
    Last edited by Edwin Santos; 05-28-2018 at 7:24 PM.

Whats new about it? I couldnt find anything on a new version coming out. Whats the model number?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Whats new about it? I couldnt find anything on a new version coming out. Whats the model number?
    Hi, I just edited my original post with the model number - GKF125CEN. Amazon, Lowes and Acme Tools are all stocking it at present.

New features look to include - 25% more power, LED lighting, a new depth adjustment system, round clear polycarbonate base. I think there is also a new mechanism for the way it detaches the base from the motor.

I can't help but wonder how many of these Bosch would have sold if they hadn't let 6 YEARS go by after Dewalt/PC and Makita put out their 1.25hp palm routers with plunge bases. The Colt was always the go-to palm router for the cognoscenti but it lacked a plunge base which sparked Microfence to make an excellent though quite an expensive plunge base for it. It just seems strange that it took a company the size of Bosch so long to respond and more than a year from the time they announced it, though I think it has been out in Europe for a while. I guess it still remains to be seen if they bring out a plunge base. Without bringing the Festool OF 1010 into the discussion I really like the Dewalt 711.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.