Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trotec, trying to Cut - Engrave - Cut

Well I had to test this I drew a 5" box with a 3" box inside set it to cut the outside box then engrave the inside box, it did it no problem.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    It will NOT cut and then engrave, no matter what order you have them in. Just because you can put them in the order you want, doesn't mean it's going to actually do it in that order. Kev is right, if you have it set to cut then engrave in the colors, it's going to engrave first and then cut. You can rearrange the colors all you want, it's not going to change it. This question was brought up on FB a couple weeks ago and I thought the colors mattered as well. Then someone said Trotec said it wouldn't cut and then engrave. I thought that was crazy talk because I've moved colors around all the time. Then I tried it. Nope, not happening. I suspect that's what happens on all lasers. Just because you can move the colors on the screen, doesn't mean it works in real life. Unless you actually try it, you might not be aware of what it really does.
    I know for a fact that this does work with AutoLaser and my RedSail. The multiple colors in an image do not always export in the order that I would prefer and I have run some jobs accidentally where some of the cutting (actually lower powered vector engraving) has happened before some of the raster engraving because I did not fix the order. I can't think of a case where this would be useful, but AutoLaser does in fact give you the flexibility to do this if you have a need.
    RedSail X700 60W