Thread: Thoughts on a MIKIWAY MBS-250

Thoughts on a MIKIWAY MBS-250

Have this table saw listed on local C.L, 5 h.p., 3 ph. I had never heard of them. Any thoughts???
    Thanks,
    Dick
    Last edited by Dick Brown; 05-20-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Never heard of them either. Googling brings up some info. http://mikiway.com.tw/www/p1.htm Go on to page 2 to see sliding table versions.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dick Brown View Post
    Have this table saw listed on local C.L, 5 h.p., 3 ph. I had never heard of them. Any thoughts???
    Thanks,
    Dick
    I have had a mikiway MBS 250 for over 20 years with no problems. It was used by a local furniture maker when he downsized his shop. He purchased it new from Sunhill in the early 90’s. He has it’s twin and still uses it today. It is a triple drive belt system, all cast iron, the arbor, motor, and trunnions all mount to the body. Mine came with two arbors. One short and one long (for a one inch dado). The throat plates are iron and independently leveled. Mine is a single phase 5hp. Saw weighs about 600lbs. The top is 36x27. I installed a powermatic accufence. Great saw. The only thing I have ever replaced was the switch.

You can can find them re-badged under the old Craftsman industrial name as well as Dayton and total shop. I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase one again.

Traded a Craftsman contractor for it. Decided to refurbish the old gal. Been setting outside so even in this desert side of Oregon, top was in rough shape. Did clean up well though. 10"blade, Three h.p. 3ph. motor. Looked on local C L, found and bought a 3 h.p. single ph. Then went to a yard sale and wouldn't you know, a static ph. converter, looks new, for $10. Hooked it up and works great. Save the 1-ph. for another project. Pulled the top, cleaned and lubed everything. Building a Biesemeyer clone fence for it. Should make someone a nice about 2 h.p. saw. As bought with rusty top. Will add some pictures when done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dick Brown; 08-22-2018 at 2:40 PM.