Thread: Dust Hood for Delta DC380 15" Planer

Dust Hood for Delta DC380 15" Planer

The ABS Dust Hood for my Delta DC380 15" Planer finally developed too many stress cracks. I've decided not to replace it with another ABS and am looking for a sheet metal replacement (I can build a plywood replacement, but would prefer metal). I can get a 6" x 14" right-angle register but it'll need adaptation (it's not a great fit). Any suggestions for a metal replacement would be appreciated.

IMG_1996.jpg

Jeff , I know you said metal... but plywood works fantastic.Google it. I built one last year,mine has a 6'' line and works really well. mike.

Blog Entries
    I have a spool gun for my mig welder that lets me weld aluminum. One of these days I need to pick up some aluminum sheet and weld something up... I guess I could just use steel but where is the fun in that.
    Until then I have a couple of duct fittings hacked together that have been doing the trick.
    The plastic shroud was busted when I bough the planer.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

Not sure if you have already considered this but since the DC 380 has been copied many times my numerous companies, you might be best to look at another brand's shroud to see if it will fit... Grizzly G0835 is very similar and I'm sure parts are available. Unfortunately, the Grizzly shroud looks like plastic though.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/15-H...y-Planer/G0815

Also King's KC-382 is very similar

http://www.kingcanada.com/detail/15-...5?cid=62&mid=7

Dave

Thanks all for your suggestions.