Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Near perfect gloves?

I use these from ULine. They are cut resistant and fit great. Little expensive, but one pair lasts a long time.

The material is stretchy, and the rubber cut resistant.

https://www.uline.com/BL_1368/Ninja-...sistant-Gloves

I have tried plenty of different gloves, and my current favorites are Pig gloves. They are made for shooting, so you get very good dexterity, they are relatively thin, and have enough to keep you warm in the winter, but breathe well in the summer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Decision Made

I looked at all the various contenders and ordered these two:

PUG Glove.jpg

This here one (above), the PUG, while cheaper, has a little too much of plastic-y feel to it, and the palm area is kinda tight.

While taking this picture, I recalled the OJ trial several years ago...(can I say that?)

The winner:

Maxiflex Ultimate.jpg

The Maxiflex is great.

Dexterous, breathhable, grippy, and fits great.

The iPhone touch screen doesn't recognize me w these gloves on, but am able to everything except get PSA backing off things.

I may try others in the future.

The very thin leathers sound interesting also

Am trying to Keep It Simple

Thanks to all.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

old school as well, taught no gloves. in my prime jointing lots of rough red oak hands had calluses on them and I could sand wood with them, they were protected and strong, slivers were minimal at that point. Chuck Norris would be proud. One thing about the old way was they had different gloves bulky leather stuff. Along the way things fit better and got the sticky rubbery stuff, you cant argue with having more traction on a larger boards on the jointer still could not get my head around it. I tried it once with some ansell and did give me more traction. Went back to my old way have a wet sponge in a container near the jointer just pinch it every now and then.

I just use the 9 mil nitrile gloves. Safe around machinery, cheap (100 for < $20), pretty durable for what they are. No cut protection, but great around the lathe and when using sandpaper.