Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally a fiber :-)

pink/red? Nooo...

but here's the plate again, first I scrubbed the engraving with Ajax cleanser and a toothbrush, and for good measure I ran a Magic Eraser over it a few times, you can see it dulled the lacquer finish--

Results: This is the 'naked eye' version, still looks very black in this pic, and to the naked eye...
    bt7.jpg

This is the 'honest' version, I set the plate on my knee and made sure the overhead light was hitting it squarely...
    bt8.jpg
    --as you'll see in the full size pic, the underlying color is dark brown, but that's typical when burning metal with a fiber...
    However, the dark is in there, it's not just dark ash that will wash away
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

@Kev That looks great, I would have taken your word for it. I just wondered since I had the burn that wiped away before I got true black. I played with my setting some more and came up with a black that stays put. I also ran Tykma's manual with settings for brass and with a little variation I was able to get the types of marks they reference in their manual. Mostly just lowering power since they were using a 20w and I've got a 30. The fiber laser is like an Adobe product, a dozen or more ways to get the same end result! Lol

The Red is kind of purple in the photo but resembles the Red Rocks of Sedona and the Pink I think is a little more orange than pink. Still interesting that it's possible for something other than Black and White on Brass.

brass colors (Medium).jpg

copper, it is not the power what mark copper it is a wavelength type of green 532μm or UV 355μm. Regards.