Thread: I bought a Ridid vacuum and accessories....

I bought a Ridid vacuum and accessories....

A year or more ago, I bought a new shop vacuum as my old one was over 35 years old craftsman and it was getting hard to find filters for it. I replaced it with a 16 gallon Ridgid wet/dry vacuum. While I was at it as I had my CFO's permission (aka SWMBO)I also bought an accessories kit https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...2534/100638355 I thought might come in handy for cleaning our cars .

Today I was pleasantly shocked to find that one fitting in that kit mated perfectly with the dust collection fitting on my older Dewalt ROS. It worked great!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Finding any dust collection fitting is cause for celebration..congratulations Ken!!
    earl

I have that kit also but a lot of it is in a drawer in the shop and rarely comes out. I got it with a Rigid with a lot less debris capacity but about the same size motor (I think mine is 10A but my memory isn't totally dependable). I hook it up to a DD so I don't care about the debris capacity. They had a promotion where you got the shop vac and the kit for about $80. I decided that was a good enough deal I upgraded the vac on the DD and use the older smaller (motor) Rigid away from the shop.

I think my #1 car cleaner is my newest shop vac. I got a cordless Ryobi today and tried it out on my car. It drains batteries quickly but that is because it is surprisingly powerful. Hose is short but stores on top and with the ability to move the vac close to the debris it doesn't have to have a long hose. Has a couple attachments that clip to the vac and seem like all I'll need for the car.

I'm up to three shop vacs and 4 hoses now. I could use more adapters, however Maybe next time something doesn't fit I'll have to open that drawer!

I have that vacuum hooked up to my SCMS and pocket boring station. It's been a good one going on 2 years. I don't have the accessories kit but I'm pleased with the vac's performance. It's sucking through a dust deputy hooked up to a repurposed 20 gal hazmat spill kit barrel.
    -Lud

Quote Originally Posted by earl mclain View Post
    finding any dust collection fitting is cause for celebration..congratulations ken!!
    Earl
    amen!:d:d:d