Thread: Corel and RDWorksV8

Corel and RDWorksV8

What are your favorite tutorial videos on getting started using Corel and RDworksV8?
    Last edited by Justin Stark; 05-15-2018 at 11:17 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt0...FJRBdfA/videos

These are better for people just starting out. They are more concise and to the point than the series Russ does under his own name.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Blog Entries
    For Corel, I've said it before, but search for Doug Green, tips and tricks. He has a few hundred videos that are concise, to the point and usually 3 minutes long. Nothing with RDworks, he uses Epilog, but 90% works for Chinese lasers.

I've watched Russ up to about #65 and just can't take him past that. Wouldn't suggest nor would I do it again. Large waste of time. Smart man, but in an hour video, you get 5 minutes of worthwhile information. And where is that 5 minutes?
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Personally, after years of using Corel and RDWorks, switching to Corel & Lightburn was a breath of fresh air. And the macro that puts just what is selected in your Corel drawing straight into Lightburn is the icing on the cake.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

>>I've watched Russ up to about #65 and just can't take him past that.<<

That is why I pointed him to the series Russ made for ThinkLaser that are more polished and concise.
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller

John, please enlighten us (me) on the Lightburn software. Will it work with the same controller, just a matter of buying/downloading the software from here: https://lightburnsoftware.com/collections/all?

If you are using RDWorks on your machine, I think that only works on Ruida controllers. Lightburn does support Ruida controllers, therefore, it should work fine on your machine. You can download and use LightBurn for free for 30 days as a trial to make sure it works on your machine and see if you like it. The trial version is the full functioning program and not a limited functionality trial version. Keep in mind that the software is still in beta stage. Here is the free trail download link:

https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/...before-you-buy
    Last edited by Doug Fisher; 05-17-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller

Downloaded and it works with my laser. This seems like a much better interface. Thank you for the recommendation!

Blog Entries
    John, if I select any one or group of items in corel and hit the rdworks macro, it puts just what I selected into rdworks. Has been doing that from version 18 to 26
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

John, glad the RDW macro works for you. I had nothing but trouble with it. On the other hand, "manually" exporting from Corel and then importing to either RDW or LB takes only a few seconds so the "manual" method is not much hassle.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.