Thread: Purchase Neanderthal Forum File Attachments

Purchase Neanderthal Forum File Attachments

I finally had the time to review and incorporate the 2017 file attachments for all of our Forums. The Neanderthal Forum has 4,011,767,962 bytes (4.1 GB on disk) for 43,126 items

You can order a 16GB Flash Drive with all of the attachments in this Forum via PayPal or send us a check, CONUS orders only.

PayPal Orders
    To order via PayPal please send $25.00 to the following PayPal address:
    sales@northwindassociates.com
    Please make sure that you include your shipping address and specify that you are ordering the Neanderthal Forum Flash Drive.

Postal Orders
    To order using a check please make your $25.00 check payable to Northwind Associates send it to:
    Northwind Associates
    8770 Little England Rd.
    Hayes, VA 23072
    Please make sure that you include your shipping address and specify that you are ordering the Neanderthal Forum Flash Drive.

Keith, this sound great.

Is there any attribution to the files so we can find the post they were in originally.

Is there any organization other than the order in which they were posted?

Hopefully there is a little extra in the price to help support SMC.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The files are provided in folders, one for each year. The file names include the name of the person who owns the picture, drawing, sketch, etc. It does take a bit of detective work to locate the appropriate thread but our Staff has been doing this for months locating threads for the project pictures we nominated for the Hall Of Fame. We lost a lot of pictures when Photo Bucket changed their policy months ago so its sad that some projects that deserve recognition cannot be documented now.

Because the Xenforo search utility is more accurate then the one we use now it will be easier to connect file attachments when we complete the conversion of SawMill Creek.

I am using 16 gig flash drives so there is some room for everyone to create custom folders and move or copy their favorite pictures/files and organize them to fit their personal preference. As of January 1st 2018 the total number of files we are hosting is 261,562 File Attachments from all of our Forums. This is a massive resource that I believe should be available to everyone. Of course all of the file attachments are here online for free but you will never be able to view them all without direct access. I am probably the only one who has ever seen every picture and files that are attached to threads here, trust me it has literally taken months over the course of several years to review them all.

All of the funds collected, except for the direct costs for thumb drives and postal fees, will be used to support The Creek. In the future I hope to be able to resume sales of Hats and T-Shirts as well because we are facing serious financial problems next year that we must resolve because the majority of our Members are using ad-blocking software

Keith,
    How do I use paypal to send money to an email address?
    Usually paypal is a selection in the checkout process.
    Think this tutorial might me useful to more than just myself.
    Thanks, Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Mike go to paypal, tell it you want to send money to the eddress, in the notes include the information about what it is for.

Easy - peasy.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Can this be downloaded for non US residents?
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Thanks Jim.

Chris, the files for most of our Forums are just to large to transfer via our server. I wish we had enough bandwidth to send these files but we don't. You can send a PM to Jackie Outten and ask about shipping charges to your local area.

FYI sales@northwindassociates.com is not an active email address its used as our PayPal identifier.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-17-2018 at 7:46 AM.