Thread: Nickle tour of a cleaned up shop?

Nickle tour of a cleaned up shop?

After all that clearing out, trash hauling...maybe a looksee at what I now call a shop?

From the last of the stairs to the basement...
    IMG_4202 (640x480).jpg
    Look around the left corner a bit....
    IMG_4203 (640x480).jpg
    Then step into the shop....
    IMG_4204 (640x480).jpg
    Toy storage over against the wall, step past the bandsaw...
    IMG_4206 (640x480).jpg
    A bit cramped, but seems to work, all needful things within arm's reach...then the main work zone..
    IMG_4205 (640x480).jpg
    Almost too clean to be a working woodshop?
    Took a long time to clean this shop up, lots of junk went to either the trash, or the fire pit. Shop now has it's own trash can IN the shop. Task at the end of a work session is to clean the place up, and put the toys away. (will see how long THAT lasts)

That be the short tour, hope I didn't bore anyone...

Where are the dragons, dungeon shop and no dragons.? I guess you can have fun messing it up again but I was expecting dragons.
    Jim

Wow, looks great!

One thing that is pretty neat, is that we have gotten to see the builds of quite a few of your storage cabinets, boxes, and racks. Good job, congrats on the shop!

Stew

WOW...So you guys actually CLEAN your shops!!!! Looks good Steve
    Jerry

That's a little better
    Aj

Amazing! Your shop actually does have a floor.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Hmm. If you gentlemen had seen all the work that this took...and by myself.....

Usually a Spring cleaning happens each spring, and then the stuff just piles up, again. Decided to make a clean sweep, and take steps to keep the place this clean. Place ( too small for a Dragon to get his fat body in) now has it's own, dedicated cleaning tools and it's own trash can. The "plan" is to clean the place at the end of every work session, before closing up for the day. When the trash can is full....and no wind outside, the Fire Pit can handle all the burnables. Marshmallows are extra.....

Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    Hmm. If you gentlemen had seen all the work that this took...and by myself.....

Usually a Spring cleaning happens each spring, and then the stuff just piles up, again. Decided to make a clean sweep, and take steps to keep the place this clean. Place ( too small for a Dragon to get his fat body in) now has it's own, dedicated cleaning tools and it's own trash can. The "plan" is to clean the place at the end of every work session, before closing up for the day. When the trash can is full....and no wind outside, the Fire Pit can handle all the burnables. Marshmallows are extra.....
    Steven,

As the owner of a shop with 10lbs of stuff in a 5lbs space I can tell you it ain't going to happen. But good luck anyway,

ken

I'm impressed!
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

You'll never find where you've stored/moved everything. You'll end up replacing many tools/gadgets, until once again you know where everything is. At that time, take a photo and compare it to what your shop looked like before cleaning-bet it looks the same!

Cleaning your shop is the main reason you end up with multiples of the same tool.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Looks nice! I need to clean up my shop sooo bad.

At least now I can make use of BOTH mitre boxes....saved the Stanley to cut down LONG boards that I don't have the room for on the Langdon 75...
    Stanley Mitre saw.jpg
    Bandsaw gets in the way on the left side of the #75......The Stanley I can move to where I have all the room I need. Then put it back when all the cuts are made.

Looking good. Swept and picked my shop a bit myself .It needs to be done from time to time.