Thread: Sawstop Extension Table Problem

Sawstop Extension Table Problem

I’ve had my PCS saw with 52” fence for 3 yrs and continue to have problems with the right side extension table. No matter what I do, the extension table eventually drops below the cast iron surface of the saw table top. I’ve called Sawstop but they weren’t able to offer any suggestions.
    Has anyone successfully dealt with this problem?

How far below?

Having just put back together an older CB industrial with 52" table, are you using 4 bolts to attach the table to the right wing? Mine's actually 1/32 high. Previous seller only have one 5/16 bolt attaching it to the wing and the regular allen head along the fence. I picked up new 5/16 bolts and washer to really snug the table the right wing while using clamps.

Maybe a thicker in diameter set of bolts will help prevent the sag. I bet the it's not tight enough as the frame underneath is pine and the washers pull in pretty good. Are the feet adjusted too? That long of a table, the feet probably need to be adjusted higher than the height of the cast iron top.

I would put some gasket sealant between the two and snug them back up. When the sealant dries it shouldn’t slip anymore.

Are you using locknuts?
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Ken,

Give me a call at the SawStop Service Department at (503)582-9934 and I'll work with you on this. I'll do my best to get this fixed for you once and for all.

-Trent

Mine does the same thing...Let me know what they say....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jolliffe View Post
    Mine does the same thing...Let me know what they say....
    Ditto! I'm very interested in hearing how this is resolved.

Blog Entries
    Not the greatest design. I added bolts and fender washers at the front and rear but, the super-soft white wood they use for a frame compresses too easily to provide decent grip. My previous shop made table (different saw) had an oak frame and I could tighten things to the point of staying put without the crush factor. At the next failure I will throw in the towel and change out the junk wood for something with some strength. It is one of the few things on that saw that falls short design and quality wise. Really, red oak is not that expensive ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    The extension table is definitely the weakest part of the saw. I tossed my & made my own out of 3 layers of BB & faced on both sides with p-lam. There are recesses routed into the bottom to allow it to be bolted to the fence rails. The holes are drilled large enough for adjustment. It is not secured at all to the cast iron table, but lines up perfectly.

The reason for the over-build was to support a router lift without sag. Good so far.