Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How a shop fixture is born

Blog Entries

How a shop fixture is born

...It starts life as a mother's day gift.

and then it is replaced with earrings.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Very nice design...your mom deserves BOTH!

Simon

Blog Entries
    Neat

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Brian,

Too nice for the shop. Where is the shop required gap in the dovetail and there are no pencil marks left on it. You're kidding....Right?

ken

Blog Entries
    Thanks gents, I made four of them intended for all of the mothers in the family, but my wife suggested I make them something better suited to the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Thanks gents, I made four of them intended for all of the mothers in the family, but my wife suggested I make them something better suited to the holiday.
    I once worked with a guy who was about ten years older than his wife. For their first Christmas together , he gave her a bread machine. His new wife opened it and said the next two had better be jewelry. Lesson learned.

Best advice from my father: never give any gift to your wife with a plug on it.

When I was about 40 years younger I saved all my money from gigs and bought my wife a nice vacuum cleaner on our anniversary. I really thought she would love it. Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Pisano View Post
    When I was about 40 years younger I saved all my money from gigs and bought my wife a nice vacuum cleaner on our anniversary. I really thought she would love it. Wrong
    Yeah, once they look through the lint from your two minute test, and see that you DID NOT cleverly hide a piece of fine jewelery ...it goes sour.

Blog Entries
    Haha, sounds like this is a shared experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Ranck View Post
    Best advice from my father: never give any gift to your wife with a plug on it.
    What about batteries?

[I'm just going to listen to some Steely Dan and meditate upon the more obvious possibilities for this thread]
    Last edited by Patrick Chase; 05-15-2018 at 5:27 AM.

A little fuel for the fire. I wonder if it's okay to make a fuss about receiving that 25 dollar gift certificate for HF on Father's Day. Hmmmm?
    Jim

Blog Entries
    I dare not inquire.

No Way James

Are you looking to get us killed or emasculated? Gifts of any kind from the wife are mana from heaven whether we like them or not. Gifts from husband to wife had better be "just right". Sometimes the double standard does not work in our favor.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    Are you looking to get us killed or emasculated? Gifts of any kind from the wife are mana from heaven whether we like them or not. Gifts from husband to wife had better be "just right". Sometimes the double standard does not work in our favor.
    You forgot another part of gifts from husband, they also need to be often for they are soon forgotten.

Women are more likely to grouse about your dirty clothes than to be happy you fixed the car.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)