Thread: FYI: Pretty nice pair of Dividers - $16

FYI: Pretty nice pair of Dividers - $16

Bought 2 pairs of these Ledin dividers from Amazon. They are solid, fit and finish is nice, the adjustment mechanism works well. They were heavier than I expected but that's not a show stopper for me. I think they were worth the $16 asking price. Here's a link to the 6" set I bought, if anyone is interested. They sell other sizes too.

Hope it helps.
    Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 05-13-2018 at 6:32 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

Just a suggestion, when you embed a link make it bold for those of us that don't have young eyes.
    Please help support the Creek.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Just a suggestion, when you embed a link make it bold for those of us that don't have young eyes.
    Understand. Got it!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

With an increased understanding of using dividers, thanks to everyone at SMC, lately my sniffer has been sniffing these out. They are also good on the lathe along with some calipers that have been popping up at estate sales.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

IMG_2487 (640x480).jpg
    Mine, gathered up from a couple shops around here..
    IMG_2490 (640x480).jpg
    Includes a 6" and an 8" pair.

These look awfully similar to those I bought from Lee Valley. Here's the link for Bruce
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    With an increased understanding of using dividers, thanks to everyone at SMC, lately my sniffer has been sniffing these out. They are also good on the lathe along with some calipers that have been popping up at estate sales.

jtk
    I got one of those recently primarily to use at the lathe. I really like the quick adjustment feature, so much that I ordered another last week.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I got one of those recently primarily to use at the lathe. I really like the quick adjustment feature, so much that I ordered another last week.

JKJ
    A Starrett that was recently acquired has this feature and it is handy.

Starrett Finial.jpg

This and another Starrett dividers set me back $5 plus tax at one of my regular junk store stops.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Well, that certainly works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    These look awfully similar to those I bought from Lee Valley. Here's the link for Bruce
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
    Please help support the Creek.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. - Steven Wright

I had bad fortune with French made dividers with the brass slip nuts. The steel thread wore against the soft brass and the dividers did not hold the setting. As a consequence I have avoided brass slip nuts for many years. Hold out for steel nuts or avoid slip nuts for long life.