Thread: Adirondak Chair Image

Adirondak Chair Image

Anyone have a good Adirondak chair image/source they can share. Looking to engrave it on a piece of slate as a gift. What I found so far has lines and details that are too fine and don't reproduce well. Thanks.
    40W Epilog Mini
    CorelDraw X8

Sean -
    I never knew what those chairs were called; now, I do. Don't see where you're having a problem; I simply Google-searched "Adirondak chair"; > images > under tools went to line-drawings. You're gonna use your mini 40 w to etch into slate? - I, too, have a 40W - I do plenty of graphics 'n photos on solid back granite with great success, but never on slate. - would like to know (see) how it turns out for you. - good luck! BILL
    Last edited by Bill Stearns; 05-12-2018 at 7:03 PM. Reason: dypo
    (Using Epilog 35W Mini 24)

I did use Google to find those. The problem is that the thin lines do not produce well on the slate I am using. The fine lines do not show up well. Was looking for something more "stencil" like without looking cartoonish. I will keep trying some until i find something that works. If I get it to work I will post some pics. Thanks.
    40W Epilog Mini
    CorelDraw X8

Quote Originally Posted by Sean P Brennan View Post
    I did use Google to find those. The problem is that the thin lines do not produce well on the slate I am using. The fine lines do not show up well.
    Since you already have a graphic, thicken up the lines yourself. This will be a good learning experience for many, many projects to come.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Didn't know that was an option. Off to Google to find a Corel tutorial. Thanks for the info!
    40W Epilog Mini
    CorelDraw X8

Sean

Select your image in CD, it is probably a bitmap, on your menu bar select trace and play with that for a while. I like Alex Galvez on youtube for Corel tutorials.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thank you for the info. It will save me a lot of trial and error.
    40W Epilog Mini
    CorelDraw X8

Try Pixabay.com most of the time they have free pic and artwork. They also have sponsored images that are not free. I'm cheap so I steer clear of those.