Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roughcut Woodworking Episode 802...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi Dave, interestingly Felder have videos of Tom on their site making the same projects with their slider and shaper. It's not the entire show, just short sections.........Very odd..Rod.
    I am not a user of any slider, but I did find it odd for a slider used with a cross-cut sled in that episode. I had never seen a cross cut sled used on a sliding saw before.

It was like using a domino joiner as well as using a biscuit joiner to edge joint some boards, just because Festool was a sponsor and not every viewer had a dj. Or, cut a board to rough size with a Festool TS 55 and THEN trim it to final width on a tablesaw, because most viewers had a tablesaw but not a tracksaw. It was plain silly.

Simon

I really like the new format. They dropped the field trips at the beginning and the lumber is already milled and dressed ready to go. Big improvement. But I wish they would improve the quality of the web videos, the blurriness gives me a headache.

Since a majority of woodworkers don't use sliders, it would make sense to try to demonstrate how those woodworkers could do something on the standard table saw. Thus, a cross-cut sled on a slider.

Is it a big deal? I don't think so.

Sometimes people just want to be critical I'm thinking.

I enjoy the new show. 2 of the 3 PBS stations we get here finally are showing the new show. This week the project was made on a standard table saw.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 06-05-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken, I view it as a lost learning opportunity.

it would be good if they had a 50/50 mix..............Regards, Rod.