Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bessy K-Body 50" $39.97 At Home Depot Buy'em and cut them off

Bessy K-Body 50" $39.97 At Home Depot Buy'em and cut them off

Bessy K-Body clamps on the net are running about $60. Home Depot had them for $44.97 recently until they lowered the price to 39.97. So I bought 8 of the 50" model. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the 50's and just cut the bar to a suitable length, than to buy a 24" Bessy K-body in the $55-60 range? I know it sounds crazy, but I would love to know the deal Home Depot has cut with Bessey...

.....but the Bessey K-Body 24" is $34.99 at Home Depot for months now (if you can actually find a HD that still stock them). Are you seeing hte $55-$60 prices online or something? Because it's hard for me to believe that HD has that weird price as I've always seen the shorter K-body at a lower price than the longer version.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nguyen View Post
    .....but the Bessey K-Body 24" is $34.99 at Home Depot for months now (if you can actually find a HD that still stock them). Are you seeing hte $55-$60 prices online or something? Because it's hard for me to believe that HD has that weird price as I've always seen the shorter K-body at a lower price than the longer version.
    Bought them yesterday...

bessey.JPG

Did I read somewhere that this clamp is about to be redesigned. If so does anybody know what the new features are and when will they be available?

Bought my first pair of 24's month ago at $36 each. Not really blown away with them. Using them for cutting board glue ups and they are cumbersome. I've been using two perpendicular pieces of PVC to lay pieces on and then clamp. The Bessey's work good but the glue gets on the bar, their expensive so I worry about ruining them.

I'm going to pick up a bunch of dubuque clamps in 25, 36, and 48 soon. seem much easily to for cutting boards. I can coat the bar in wax or wrap in wax paper before glue up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Irish View Post
    Bought my first pair of 24's month ago at $36 each. Not really blown away with them. Using them for cutting board glue ups and they are cumbersome. I've been using two perpendicular pieces of PVC to lay pieces on and then clamp. The Bessey's work good but the glue gets on the bar, their expensive so I worry about ruining them.

I'm going to pick up a bunch of dubuque clamps in 25, 36, and 48 soon. seem much easily to for cutting boards. I can coat the bar in wax or wrap in wax paper before glue up.
    Dubuque are the best thing going in my opinion. I like the short 12" and 24" Kbody style... but longer than that give me aluminum every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vijay Kumar View Post
    Did I read somewhere that this clamp is about to be redesigned. If so does anybody know what the new features are and when will they be available?
    They already redesigned them and the new designs are in my local HDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Irish View Post

Wax them up and the glue wont stick. If it's too late and glue is already on the bars, soak some paper towels in vinegar, wrap them around the bars, and then wrap plastic wrap around them and let them sit for a couple of hours. Then wax them up so you dont have to clean them again

No what I meant was that I don't understand why you're seeing the 24" as being $59.99 when Home Depot sells them for $34.99. Maybe it's my region, but that's the price for 24" for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Commarato View Post
    Bought them yesterday...

bessey.JPG

How do you tell the difference between old and new/ And what are the differences?

Cool, was able to grab a couple more 24" K-Body REVOs at one of my local HDs for $35 a piece! They had a couple 50" ones too, but I already have six of those and rarely use them.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Vijay Kumar View Post
    How do you tell the difference between old and new/ And what are the differences?
    The new ones arent quite as bulky, have more angles to the handles/body. Hard to explain but if you saw them side by side you could tell which one was newer.

I have to run out of Jet clamps before I'll reach for my Besseys. The Jets are SOOOO much better and easier to use.

The new clamps are on the left in the first two pics. The new clamp handles have the ability to use an Allen wrench to apply more torque to the handle. In the far right pic the new clamp is shown on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Alvarez View Post
    I have to run out of Jet clamps before I'll reach for my Besseys. The Jets are SOOOO much better and easier to use.
    I've never used Jet clamps, what makes them SOOOO much better?