Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acrylic Drop Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    The picture below has two Corian vector tables I designed and built, the one on the left is my second model that I modified the supports under the table.. Corian absorbs the energy and prevents flashback, its sacrificial material but it lasts a very long time. One of your friends who has a CNC Router can make one for you.

The original table on the right I have used to cut hundreds of thousands of 5/8" tall blue plastic letters, numbers and icons for ADA signs, hence the blue stain.
    Keith,
    How tall are the spikes? Are there holes in the troughs of the spikes for air flow?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Anyway, your tape-before-the-fall is working, so maybe not fixing what ain't broken is the path of least resistance here (I'm always for that!)
    This is where I'm at right now! I have a functioning work flow, until it doesn't work anymore it stays.

Shannon,

My Corian vector table is machined with a "V" router bit so what you see are thousands of pyramids. There is a path of air movement under the material being cut but its very small, even so the table has worked great for cutting small parts, letters and numbers. You can adjust the depth of the pyramids by using different angle router bits but the number of pyramids will change with the depth. I've never seen any flashing or had melting problems to date with my tables. I don't know of any other design that provides more contact points.