Thread: Fuji MiniMite 4 or 5 HVLP

Fuji MiniMite 4 or 5 HVLP

Does anyone ever offer any discount pricing on these systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gottlieb View Post
    Does anyone ever offer any discount pricing on these systems?
    Last month Fuji was offering a free second T-series gun with the Q5 (which I have and recommend). You don't see offers like that as much for the MiniMites as they have lower margins to begin with.

I would strongly consider the Q5 over the MM5 unless you really don't care about noise. In addition to the better soundproofing the Q5 has a variable speed controller, that allows you to further reduce noise when you only need 3- or 4-stage-equivalent pressure. The soundproofing looks a little hokey on paper (at least to my jaded former-mechanical-engineer eye) but it's based on sound design principles and it does work.

You really only need the maximum pressure and flow rate when doing production-scale work with thicker finishes, so having the ability to dial the noise back for more mundane work is very useful. In addition to the noise benefit, reducing cfm/psi by slowing the turbine also causes the air to come out a bit cooler as compared to choking the supply from a full-speed turbine via a cheater valve.
    Last edited by Patrick Chase; 05-10-2018 at 2:25 AM.