Thread: Freud router bit parts "we do not offer replacement parts"

Freud router bit parts "we do not offer replacement parts"

I have one of their door making sets, the 99-267. Somehow managed to damage one of the slot cutters. Contacted Freud USA on their website. "I need one replacement cutter for my 99-267 router bit set. Can't seem to find replacement parts online. Can you point me to a source for this part?"

Freud replied, "Unfortunately we do not offer replacement parts for the 99-267".

I was grateful to get a response as some companies never reply but had hoped for better support from a major router bit supplier.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Jim Mackell
    Arundel, ME

MLCS and Whiteside offer slot cutters, and sell the cutters separate from anything else. They quite likely to have a fix for you. You’ll need to figure out the hole diameter, the outside diameter, and the thickness.

Jim, I'm guessing that they don't sell parts because they had complaints about new pieces not matching the set exactly
    because they had some sharpenings. I suggest telling them that you understand that you will have to take responsibility for getting the new piece to match the set.