Thread: Router for JDS MultiRouter

Router for JDS MultiRouter

For those who have a JDS please tell me what router you use and what you like or dislike about it. My first JDS was mounted to a screaming loud PorterCable (can't remember the model #). Vibrated like crazy and always felt like it was going to shake everything to pieces. I sold it (along with my entire shop), now I'm retooling. Just purchased a new Multi Router and was thinking of mounting a PC 7518 and run it at slower speeds in the hopes vibration and noise will be reduced. Anyone have particular experience running large routers on this machine?

Thanks,

John

When i bought my MR, i think the standard router for it was the Bosch 1617evs? The router has been fine but the base has always been kind of a drag. I think the new bases are way better?

Hhmmm, that name sounds familiar. Welcome aboard John.

Best regards, Patrick

MultiRouters eat Router Bearings. I went through a couple sets on my PC690.
    I changed over to the Bosch Unit not only for the extra HP, but for the superior depth adjustment.
    I like the Milwaukee, but couldn't get a 3/8 collet.

Hello Patrick! When you've the time send some pics of your work, shop etc to Jbabot@mac.com. When I receive my "Parts" and get to assembling them I'll post pics. In the mean time I hope glean some insight on what others are using on the JDS.