Thread: Few upgrades.

Few upgrades.

I've been enjoying my latest upgrades to the laser.
    My laser is now wireless and I have an automatic air assist based on the layer settings. This is all using the Ruida controller
    For the wireless I purchased a cheap $30 wifi repeater and set it up an IP address in the laser to work over the wireless. I know what everyone is think and NO I'm not planning on running the laser from the other room. I bring my laptop in from the garage and this is 1 less wire to connect/trip over/can go bad. I was even able to update the firmware on the controller wirelessly.

The 2nd upgrade is a double gang box with a solid state relay and an outlet. The relay is triggered by the controller and turns on the air brush compressor. It's really nice because before working with acrylic was a 2 job process. 1 job was to engrave without air assist and the next was to cut after turning air assist on. Now the controller does it for my and saves time.

I'm always tinkering around and trying to come up with was to improve the process.
    2018-05-06 22.17.59.jpg2018-05-06 22.18.06.jpg2018-05-06 22.18.03.jpg
    Last edited by Jeff Body; 05-06-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Jeff, what is the red and gray thing along the top edge? Interesting location for your ammeter!
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    Jeff, what is the red and gray thing along the top edge? Interesting location for your ammeter!
    Oh, That's a digital level. It has built in magnets so I stick it to the side of the laser.
    I installed the Ammeter there because my workbench is to the right of the laser. I can easily keep an eye on it without getting up from my bench.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8