Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

7 May 2018

Greetings,
    It's been a busy week but a good week. The LOML and I got the garden prepared and partially planted. We got some yard work done as well as some time to check out the LOML's new dehydrator. I'm expecting my new bench grinder to show up this week so I can get my CBN wheels all setup and running. Also spent some time helping the daughter and son-in-law go through some things on the house they are selling. They are hoping to be able to build a house in the next year or 2. I am continuing to teach myself guitar, so I guess you can say that I moved from bass guitar to acoustic guitar. I have the sore left-hand finger tips to prove it.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I finished up the construction of a pantry upgrade by installing the final drawer and then getting them all fine-tuned and locked into place.
    The Last Drawer.jpg

These two six-foot cabinets will go into our pantry closet on either side of the door, facing inward towards one another. The drawers pull into the middle, eliminating the problem of things getting lost in the back corners of the pantry. Probably next weekend we'll take out the existing wire shelving and install these cabinets.
    Chuck Taylor

Short week last week relative to woodworking...a little bit of time on the CNC and then it was observe the driveway (finally) getting paved and suddenly heading to Florida for a family matter. I have plenty to do when I get back, for sure!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Another eclectic week. And I am glad to be back to work, so I can rest...

My fiancee is on a picture framing kick, so she requested a couple of frames. Apparently, my woodworking is too good as I had to take two back to the shop and 'roughen' them up.

Saturday was the first weekend day that was nice, so I got the garage completely emptied and rearranged to summer mode. Got the snowblower ready for storage and in the back. Rearranged the trailer and camper for better usage of the space. Then I pulled out the lawnmower, and cleaned it up. Pulled the blades and gave them a sharpening. Actually, I should probably get a new set. After that, the motorcycles got new oil and a good once over. Even got the TJ out for a spin, top down and doors off.

Sunday, I got out to the shop and put together a couple of holders for shop towels, one for the shop and one for the garage. Then, since it was not too windy, I burned a couple of boxes of cut offs freeing up some space that was bothering me. Later in the afternoon, I went downstairs and framed up the shower area. And redid a doorway to fit the 'new' 7'2" doors.

My youngest son came up from Las Vegas to visit, so I got to spend some shop time with him. In the shop, I finished up my cyclone build. Some welding, some more grinding, then fitting everything together. It came to life when I turned it on, which was good, demonstrating that I hadn't ruined the base Delta DC in the process. Cleared off the jointer/planer, hooked the cyclone up to it, and jointed then planed a bit of poplar. Cyclone works!! Huzzahhhhh....

Second, we made a coat rack for his grandmother, which is what the poplar was for. He's taken it back down to Vegas and will be painting it and installing the hooks before hanging it on the wall. A simple project indeed, although the scallops on the ends of the board and the cove around it dresses it up a bit.

The other task that I actually accomplished was fixing my B&D Workmate. The "standoffs" (B&D calls them "sliders") that secure the top pieces to the frame are plastic, and 3 of the 4 on the removable tops pieces had broken. So after some noodling and thinking and a bit of planing, drilling, grinding and WAY TOO MANY trips to pick up hardware, I had my Workmutt repaired and back to fighting form.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.