I’ve posted here a lot about planning my new workshop. Up until now I have been thinking about getting a SawStop to add to my old PM66 in a central tool cluster w jointer. I build whitewater dories plus furniture, guitars and mandolins, and am thinking it would be nice to have both a rip and dado setup. There is lots of dado work for the boat framing and decking.

My sheet work is mainly 1/4” - 1/2” Meranti and I can get by with a track saw for that if I’m alone. I’ve built a few armoires and a china cabinet using some sheet goods, and will be building my new shop cabinets and miter saw station, hopefully soon. Space is not too much of a concern in new shop.

So ironically, since I’ve just been reading the SMC Blessing or Curse thread, I’ve recently gotten interested here about sliders. I’ve heard of them but never really considered I might “need” one.

Having watched about 20 YouTube videos and read a string of searches here I’m just barely up the road in understanding these. It seems the main players are Felder, Minimax, and Hammer (by Felder).
I’m totally lost when considering the many accessories and options.

Can others who’ve been down this path share their thoughts, including why or why not I need a slider and if so, which one.

Thx much. Jon