Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craftsman 22114

If you go with a Biesmeyer style fence, here's a pretty good deal for a 30" fence I think.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Po...30T3/205803795

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuong Nguyen View Post
    It came with the double rail fence with the slots. I'll move this fence to the Delta 34-444 saw I have and either put on a Unifence or a Biesemeyer fence that I have. I haven't decided which fence yet.
    There are plenty of fans for both of those fence styles. If you have both you could swap back and forth to see which suits you best. I would; given that they both have such an avid following and both are a great fence. Not all of us get that opportunity and the small amount of work to swap the front rail to test drive them would pay dividends going forward.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It came with the double rail fence with the slots. I'll move this fence to the Delta 34-444 saw I have and either put on a Unifence or a Biesemeyer fence that I have. I haven't decided which fence yet.
    Sounds like a good plan. I've never used a Unifence but heard lots of good stuff about them. The Beisemeyer is my preferred style at the moment. Someday I would love to try out an Incra.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    If you go with a Biesmeyer style fence, here's a pretty good deal for a 30" fence I think.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Po...30T3/205803795
    I actually already have the commercial Biesemeyer and Unifence. The Unifence is currently on the Delta 34-444saw.I plan on moving the stock fencefrom Craftsman 22114 to the Delta and using either the Unifence or Biesemyer onthe Craftsman.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    There are plenty of fans for both of those fence styles. If you have both you could swap back and forth to see which suits you best. I would; given that they both have such an avid following and both are a great fence. Not all of us get that opportunity and the small amount of work to swap the front rail to test drive them would pay dividends going forward.
    I was going to build a workbench for the Delta and replacethe steel wings with laminate tops and mount my router on the left side of the blade. In this case, I probably would have just keptthe Unifence and bought the Peachtree Uni-T-Fence to mount a router fence forthe router.But since the Craftsman hascast iron wings, I plan on keeping them on and building the workbench with therouter table on the right side.TheBiesemeyer makes more sense in this case since I don’t have to disassemble thefence rail to use the right side like I would with the Unifence.I could mount the router fence to the rightside of the Biesemeyer fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrison View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. I've never used a Unifence but heard lots of good stuff about them. The Beisemeyer is my preferred style at the moment. Someday I would love to try out an Incra.
    I think the Unifence is a more versatile design, especiallywith the Peachtree Uni-T-Fence and it ability to easily mount jigs to it butthe Biesemeyer is one beefy design. Simple but effective and rugged.I have the Unifence sliding very smoothly now and the cuts are quiteaccurate using just the fence ruler.
    I’ll mount the Biesemeyer on the Craftsman after cleaning itup to see how it compares to the Unifence.
    I’m hoping the Craftman’s dust collection is much betterthan the Delta. I have sawdust all over everythingin my garage that I need to clean up at some point.
    The Incra system looks very nice. Seems extremely accurate and repeatable butit is pretty expensive for a hobbyist like myself.

The Incra system looks very nice. Seems extremely accurate and repeatable butit is pretty expensive for a hobbyist like myself.
    As a hobbyist I have the same cost issue that you have. I don't have to do a ton of repeatable cuts as those types of cuts depend on the project and change from project to project. If I was turning out multiple items of the same project type then that would be a different story.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Do you have idea how hard it is the mount the Delta T-Square fence you referenced on the Craftsman 152.221140. Thanks for any info.

Blog Entries
    This thread is over 3 years old.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Hi,
    I agreed to buy a Craftsman 22114 today. The seller got it from an estate cleanup and it looks like it’s been sitting for a while. The saw needs a little work, but the wheels to raise and tilt the blade work smoothly and it does seem to run quieter than the Delta 34-444 saw I currently have. The only rust is really on the cast iron table top, although the throat plate was warped and stuck to the slot. The table itself is flat when I put a straight edge to it in all directions. No wobble in the arbor and the bearing spins smoothly.

It runs quiet, but has a slight vibration I think due to the drive belt stiffening from not being used. Is there a recommended brand I should look at for a replacement belt? The stock belt can still be bought for around $22 online. Is there anything I should be looking at when I take this thing apart for a cleaning?

Thanks for the help.
    If it is doesn't quiet down and you choose to replace the belt take it to a local industrial distributor. Motion, Kaman, Applied Industrial etc.. They should be able measure it and ID it for you and give you a price. I just did this for my table top band saw belt and it was 25% of the "craftsman" price. Just a time investment on your part. Brian
    Last edited by Brian Runau; 12-03-2021 at 7:02 AM.
    Brian

Friends, this thread is 3 yrs old and the OP hasnt been here in 18 mos.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 12-03-2021 at 8:23 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”