Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodpecker Add

I’ll go one better I paid $150 for their hard anodized 1281. It’s a great tool that I’ll always have.

I have been waiting for a few weeks to purchase the 36" imperial t-square. It seems that they had a sale and wiped out all inventory. So it seems that some people felt it was a decent value.

I went in for the DelVe square on an impulse. Immediately after placing the order I thought I fell for a shiny gadget and would regret wasting money. Now that I have it I can't live without it. Use it for marking, joinery layout, checking for square and less frequently, for machine setup. I keep it near me all the time. The foot allows you to quickly scribe 1/4" on one side, 3/8" on the other. Love it.
    Edwin
    Last edited by Edwin Santos; 05-05-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    A pretty square for only $99. I think I will Pass.
    I am happy with my Lowe's speed square.

Do they really sell those things?
    Yes. People buy Starrett right?

I’ve got a 12” square of theirs and have no regrets and it’s a pleasure to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Yes. People buy Starrett right?
    I’ve got a 12” square of theirs and have no regrets and it’s a pleasure to use.
    Same here. Until you use one it is difficult understand the difference. My Starrett cup runneth over.

Mind you, my tool boxes welcome Brown&Sharpe, Mitutoyo, and other quality tools. HD/Lowes, not so much. Harbor Freight, life is simply too short.

JKJ

Blog Entries
    I have a Starrett tri-square. It'd the one I use to layout. I use the speed square when crosscutting with a circular saw. We used
    to call all circular saws skilsaws.