Thread: Trotec speedy 360

Trotec speedy 360

Hello all, I am interested in the trotec speedy 360 80 watt to replace an epilog legend 24 70 watt. Anyone have any long term experience with this machine? Also considering the trotec vision system upgrade to it and wondering if anyone has this and what do they mainly use it for? Our shop at this point does a 50—50 mix of Rubber stamps and small Engraving. Looking to expand into acrylics and possibly sublimation and need as much advice as possible as we don't have any experience in these areas. Thanks in advance.

Hi Russ, no one has long term experience with the Speedy 360 because it's a reasonably new model. However, it's built off their rock solid Speedy 300 platform, only larger. The Speedy 300 has been a beast of a machine for a decade or more. The Vision system works very well.

I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on that setup if it were me. I know of no issues with that platform.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I watched Don Mayhew run a Speedy 360 80 watt machine for three days last week at Jim McGrews Aspire Camp. It looks like a great machine and I want one

As I recall there are a few Members here who own the Speedy 360, they will probably comment.

I just got my second Speedy 300 and my buddy bought a 360 at the same time. I kind of wish I had bought the 360 as well.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I've had my 360 80watt co2 machine for over a year. Very happy with it. It's called speedy for a reason as you'll find out. The investment really pays off when something goes wrong (as it will no matter what machine you buy). Trotec will get you back on your feet in an impressively short amount of time and their warranty is pretty solid as well. You can message me with any specific questions you may have.