Thread: Rockler dovetail jig question

Rockler dovetail jig question

I got this Rockler dovetail jig at a garage sale.

Rockler Jig.jpg

The manual is available online, but I cannot find any information on what the accessory is, or how to use it.

Rockler Jig 2.jpg

It has T-slots on the underside. I can't find any way it can attach to the jig.

Can anyone tell me if these two go together? Any information is appreciated.

thanks, Mark

Rockler has had several different iterations of their dovetail jig over the years. That is a template for a different on than the one you got. If you do an image search for "rockler dovetail jig" you can see pictures of the entire jig.

I wonder if you could set it up to be used like a Gifkins dovetail jig.

Thanks Dave - yes, I have already googled and found plenty of information and pictures on Rockler jigs, it is the additional template that has eluded identification.

I think you're right - I can set it up to use like the Gifkin jig.

Blog Entries
    I have the blue jig in your first photo. It did not come with the loose jig piece you are questioning. There was a second generation jig that had two templates, but both had screw holes for mounting them.

If you go to use the blue jig on boards that don't go all the way across the jig, you will want to put a scrap piece of drawer material under the clamps on the side opposite where you are making you cuts. Other wise the clamps do not hold tight and the work pieces can move. Since I generally use 1/2" stock or drawer sides, I embedded a rare earth magnet in a piece of scrap so it will stay on the vertical face. Also the little plastic edge stops are a bit difficult to adjust, but make sure they are perpendicular to the faces and equidistant from each side, other wise you pins and tails won't line up and your drawers won't come out right. Once you get it set up it works quite well. If you don't have a dedicated router for dovetailing on the jig, you will want to precisely measure the bit height above the router face plate to make set up easier the next time.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

From the Rockler web site --"Customer Service/Ordering Help"

"Monday-Friday, 7:00am - 8:30pm CST
    "Saturdays, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST

"Live Chat
    "Chat Live with one of our friendly customer service reps.

"CALL: 1-8oo-279-4441
    "Give us a call, our trained support staff will be happy to help you. Note: after-hours orders are accepted by phone between 6am and 11pm central time, 7 days a week. International customers, call +1 (763) 478-8200.

"EMAIL: customercare@rockler.com
    " You can expect a response within one day (except Sundays when we are closed) and usually much sooner.

"FAX: 1-8oo-865-1229"

http://www.rockler.com/customer-service/support/

Product Questions:

"Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm CST

"Live Chat
    "Chat live with one of our product advisors while you browse our site.

"CALL: 1-8oo-260-9663
    " Our product advisors are also available directly by phone.

"EMAIL: support@rockler.com
    "You can expect a response within one day (except weekends).

"FAX: 1-8oo-865-1229

Last edited by Ray Newman; 05-04-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Lee, thanks for those insider tips.

Ray, also thanks, I'll email the picture and questions to Rockler.

I am fairly certain you have circa 2003 Model 62525.

Product manual here: LINK. The extra template is for through dovetails: LINK1

A couple other links that show it but not necessarily of much help: LINK2 and LINK3.

Best of luck with it.

That look to be exactly the one I have, Paul. Thanks!