Thread: The one that got away

The one that got away

I am trying so hard to be a reformed tool junkie, but my rehab was just put to the test.

A woodworking club e-mail came out yesterday, which I just happened to see immediately. Someone had contacted the club, wanting to give away a 12" Inca table saw to a good home. The pic showed it in reasonable condition, and stated it ran fine, but needed a new switch. It also had a router in the wing.

After a round of self flagellation, I decided to stay reformed, and didn't call.

This morning, I woke up, slapped my forehead, and had a stiff orange juice. Then, dropping all pretense of being reformed, I called the number.

I was a day late.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Oh that's a bummer Rick. My friend hal has one. Looks like a very precision saw.
    Although I think I remember him saying the arbor was metric or some silly weird size.??

Maybe it wasn't meant to be to make room for a better deal. I hesitated once on a Milwaukee Delta Homecraft drill press for a day and when I called for it it was gone. Then a few months later another one came up for 1/2 the price, it's in my shop now. Not sure how you can get a better deal than free, unless someone offers to pay you to take it away!

As they say, "you snooze, you lose!" Still, I sometimes forget the lesson.

I feel your pain.

Maybe six months back I saw a 20" Davis and Wells bandsaw on craigslist for $250, one hour after it was posted.
    It all looked to be there, in good working order. It was calling my name, but of course I didn't need it.

The next day I realized I did need it, but when I called it turns out someone had that moment of enlightenment just before me.