3 tape measures
    4 volt ohm meters
    9 knives
    3 nail clippers
    3 flash lights
    2 hand bearing compasses
    3 harmonicas
    7 reading glasses

and three folding rules on my computer desk.

Am I the only one that does this?

And OBTW if you have never tried Palomino BLACKWING pencils, I have a box of them and I love them. They are very black and soft lead.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 05-02-2018 at 7:13 PM.

Nope! "My drawer" is in the dining room buffet I built years ago. Recently I needed to make some room and had a similar experience. My drawer even had an official "Tyler Howell thongs" sent to me years ago. I moved those to the wall of shame in my shop along with other items sent to me by Creekers over the years.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

[GASP] Do you mean you have just one drawer like that??

JKJ

Well I guess I'm in the minority here.
    Not to sound condescending to you due to my great financial wealth, but I have 3 (three) junk drawers!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

I'm not going to play one upsmanship with you folks. Suffice to say we won't talk about the 2nd floor of the garage.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Can't say that I have it, but I really NEED a junk warehouse.

Wait! Make that two. Can't leave out the wife, who is a thrift store junkie.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I think those tape measures must be mine. I wondered where they went.

What keys were the harmonicas?

I didn't clean mine out, but I went, and looked. Among the things in there are a Honeywell electronic flash from the 1960's (I did check that there were no batteries still in it), and some neckerchief slides that I carved when I was in Cub Scouts (probably from 1959).

After reading that this thread, I suddenly feel much better. I can, perhaps, convince my wife that this is normal behavior and not a cry for help. I know for a fact in one drawer I have a three pack of roll film that expired in the late 90's. Also about 8 pairs of glasses from various family members. I have kept them to use for spare parts in case a current pair breaks or loses something. In my defence, I have used parts and pieces in the past, mostly the small screws. However I am sure the most recent time was around 18 years ago.

The one time I cleaned out a drawer, and threw stuff away, ended with frustration. One of the items I tossed was a new flip phone. OK, not new, just unused. Less than a week later, my wife's phone died and I could have given her that flip phone to use.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Blog Entries
    We won't talk about my workbench in my garage woodshop.
    I had a workbench with tool drawers, but the Harvey flood did it in.

I am building a new bench now that my tools have had the rust removed. I have my "stuff" in plastic bins until I finish the bench.
    I'm looking forward to it.
    One of the harmonica's is a chromatic, the other a Boy Scout Harmonica.