Thread: Beads of courage box

Beads of courage box

I turned this out of segmented pine. Left the inside natural. The outside is done with JoSonja irridescent paints. It took a while to cut out all the rectangles. I used Green frog tape to mask them off then spent as long as it took to cut out the slots. Then I painted them one color at a time. The bottom section was done by smearing on the paint and then blowing it around with my air brush.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's gorgeous John! You're going to make more than one person smile with that!

Mr. Jordan on the Turner's subforum here does a lot of BOC boxes. I think he'll enjoy this one of yours.

Well done Sir!

Frec
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Every thing Sir Lucas does is somewhere between excellent and astounding! Now I really want to take the Lucas class on painting (and air brushing). I'm sure the child who gets this box will feel SO special.

I hope to see it in person at the club meeting this week.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    That's gorgeous John! You're going to make more than one person smile with that!
    Mr. Jordan on the Turner's subforum here does a lot of BOC boxes. I think he'll enjoy this one of yours.
    Well done Sir!
    Frec

I was hoping to have a second one by the meeting but it's not going to happen. Had to stop and make some hand mirrors. I'm getting low. Just thought today to call you about bringing the mirror glass but forgot. Maybe I'll remember to tomorrow.

(Well. Nothing like embarassing myself. Had no idea you knew each other.)

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC Lucas View Post
    I was hoping to have a second one by the meeting but it's not going to happen. Had to stop and make some hand mirrors. I'm getting low. Just thought today to call you about bringing the mirror glass but forgot. Maybe I'll remember to tomorrow.
    I'll put the mirrors in the car tomorrow and bring them Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post

(Well. Nothing like embarassing myself. Had no idea you knew each other.)
    Yikes, it wasn't your fault, up until now it was a government secret. Now we have to kill you. Maybe slay you with a good joke?
    (Did you hear about the guy who lost his chewing gum in the chicken coop? He thought I found it three times...)

That John attends several woodturning clubs and this John is a member of a couple and the club in Crossville overlaps. He has been to the club in Knoxville a number of times to do some excellent demos and I've done a few at Crossville as well. We ALWAYS look forward to see what new and genuinely creative thing Sir Lucas will bring for Show & Tell!

If you get to TN come visit my shop and we'll try to wrangle an invitation to go see his - it's only a couple of hours away.

JKJ

Thanks John! If I get over your way, I'll definitely give you a call!
    Fred

I'm very fortunate to live halfway between both John Jordan's. How cool is that. Both have been great helps to my learning curve in turning.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC Lucas View Post
    I'm very fortunate to live halfway between both John Jordan's. How cool is that. Both have been great helps to my learning curve in turning.
    Frederick, don't let JohnL snow you. If skill, talent, and pure creativity were earthquakes he'd be the epicenter. The Lucas influence (and fan club) spans half of the southeast.

JKJ

What he's really saying is I spread more BS than others.