Thread: Military Flag Display Case Plans

Military Flag Display Case Plans

Does anyone have or know a good source for plans to make a display case for a military (burial) flag? My BIL who was a veteran was laid to rest today. I would like to do this for his wife. My SIL. My online searches have came up with mostly bogus looking websites. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Here is one set of plans for a flag display case

I've made several. Note that I prefer to make a larger base than the plans that I linked to. It allows you to put a name plate on the flag case.
    flagcase2.jpgflagcas1.jpg
    One trick I've learned is that it is difficult to get the four stars that are supposed to show centered in the glass. You can use a triangular piece of poster board that fits in the glass area and arrange the for stars on the triangle holding it in place with straight pins into the side of the poster board until you get rid of wrinkles and get the stars centered.

The starting point is to measure your folded flag to get your dimensions right for the three sides.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks for the info and link Lee. It's much appreciated.

I've made two so far, using the same plans as linked to above. Just made the second last month for an uncle; the first was for my dad. The 22 1/2* angles are a little fussy but with a well set up tenon jig you'll do fine.

Of all the ones I have made this is my favorite design. I don't have plans for it but I always make the case fit the flag if possible (I like to have the flag before I build the display). IMG-3814.JPG

Is that one you designed yourself Dave? Looks very nice. I've saw a number of photos of different variations. I like the spent brass on the display. The honor guard picked it all up but I am sure I can obtain it.

Here is an example of a larger case that I built without plans. Hope this helps.

flag case.jpg
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Marc Adams has made hundreds of these for military people, and is now doing it for police officers as a public service project. I'd imagine he'd give you the plans.

https://marcadams.com/event/flag-boxes-fallen-officers/

Thanks Ronald - yes it is. If you what any specifics or dimensions let me know.