Thread: Walker Turner 6520

Walker Turner 6520

Worth messing with? I local garage sale has one for $100. A month or so ago I bought a grizzly benchtop 6 inch with helical blade. I'm on the fence about this one because it would be a restoration. Best I can tell i would gain a cast top and outfeed adjustment. but this guy was made in 1957.

20180428_112246.jpg
    Last edited by Matthew Carver; 05-01-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Hey! I was made in 1957! What are you trying to say?

Nice little jointers, I vote buy it. It will still be working long after the Grizzly has been recycled into a mixer.

maybe. If we knew what it was you might get better opinions. is it a table saw with a 6" blade? WT is famous for using oddball bearings which can no longer be sourced.
    Bill D

Assuming it is a jointer, for $100 I would buy in a heartbeat. I would really like to restore a few old machines at some point and as a starter this would be ideal in my opinion.

Yes Jointer. Sorry for leaving that out. it is a 6"

Jointers are about the most simple machines you can restore, and the WT is a good little jointer, although more pictures would help evaluate it's condition. As mentioned up thread WT did use odd size bearings, but on a jointer this probably wouldn't be as big a problem as in, say, a drill press. You will only have two bearings to deal with and they will probably be identical.

You should be able to get lots of help and information over at OWWM.

Thanks. yeah. I was mainly taking a photo of the model number at the time. I should have taken more pics. I may call them back now and see if they still have it.