Thread: "Skillsaw" Skill Table Saw

"Skillsaw" Skill Table Saw

Going down the street in our town and here were two 8" benchtop table saws on the curb for free. Thought "What the heck, I can clean them up, fix anything that is fixable, maybe get minimum wage for my time and someone get a cheap saw or if no good, give them to the recycle guy. Well, the little Crapsman worked out o.k. and I my keep it for a box joint cutter. The Skil needed a little more work. Turned it over and there was a Skil "Skilsaw" upside down, less base but including handle and place where the switch would be if used as a portable circular saw. Looked like a factory assembled unit. Is this a cleverly done mod or a production run???
    Last edited by Dick Brown; 04-28-2018 at 2:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    I remember looking at a job site saw way back when the were a new thing. The guts of it were just that, a circ saw that had been mounted under the table. I can't recall the brand though.

If you are into the DIY thing, lots of upside down saws fastened under a chunk of plywood but never expected to see it from one of the big name tool companies.

Try googling the model number.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Those have been around in some form or another for decades. Surely many have used them with success but I’m guessing they’ve had their share of accidents.